This grill .. anyone ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
four bye you can pick up the grill on ebay by searching for "raptor style grill". I'm about to send mine back to the seller for a matte black version. PM me if you want me to send it to you instead. $175 and its only been on my truck for about 30 hours.

Saw this thread and was going to post I just so happen to see one of these today............on a black eco diesel............and now that I’ve scrolled thru the thread I think it was you!

Happen to be around the Seven Hills area today?

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man. That looks awesome. I plan to hook them up to my parking lights. I don’t have much up front for lighting.

I was planning on the white too. Did it say the temp on the white ? 5k 6k ?

ad0f6d9b0de96c9689825471b3257fc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking rig you got there!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
Saw this thread and was going to post I just so happen to see one of these today............on a black eco diesel............and now that I’ve scrolled thru the thread I think it was you!

Happen to be around the Seven Hills area today?

That was me. I live right next door in Ceder Mill, it's a small world. So what did you think of the grill? I'm still a unsure about it but I haven't sent it back yet. I'm thinking I might get it paint matched or I might go with something else all together. There's a little gap all the way around that bugs me as well. Ill take a few pics tomorrow for anyone reading along thinking about this grill. I would really rather have something all metal but I also want it ALL black and all the RC, t-rex, etc grills I see have silver rivets or big logos.

I also didn't like the stock grill at first but now I kind of miss the old pig snout... I'm conflicted.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
I promised some pictures so I took a few before removing the Raptor Style grill and putting the stock one back on. I have decided now that I want a factory PXR black crosshair style grill but I haven't found one just yet. I guess the pig snout will do for now. Below you can see the fit issues with the raptor grill. If you look from the right angles there is a gap all the way around the grill like it should have been made 1/4" larger. It might not bother most people and really didn't bother me much but it was just one more little thing that led me to remove the grill.

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Devin Taetsch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think i might pick up this grill in matte black for my white big horn.. How hard is the install? And how are the lights wired in?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
I think i might pick up this grill in matte black for my white big horn.. How hard is the install? And how are the lights wired in?

I didn’t wire in the lights because I was never sure it was going to stay but the wire they provided reached the fuse box so a fuse adapter should have made it an easy job. The rest of the install was super easy. 6 plastic rivot things hold on the plastic cover, once those are off you remove 4 10mm bolts and pull the grill FORWARD (to release some pins holding it in) and it pops right out. Took about 20 mins the first time and I was going really slow. Also, you have to screw the grill together out of the box but that was only 8 small screws to connect the plastic arms.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I promised some pictures so I took a few before removing the Raptor Style grill and putting the stock one back on. I have decided now that I want a factory PXR black crosshair style grill but I haven't found one just yet. I guess the pig snout will do for now. Below you can see the fit issues with the raptor grill. If you look from the right angles there is a gap all the way around the grill like it should have been made 1/4" larger. It might not bother most people and really didn't bother me much but it was just one more little thing that led me to remove the grill.

View attachment 129292

View attachment 129293

View attachment 129294

View attachment 129295

View attachment 129296

The gap you have on the bottom is because the grill isn’t snapped in properly down there in the bumper cap, you can see the what the grill is supposed to snap into in the pix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
The gap you have on the bottom is because the grill isn’t snapped in properly down there in the bumper cap, you can see the what the grill is supposed to snap into in the pix

Yea they definitely used a “good enough” mold to make the grill. It really looks good if your just looking at the truck but if you examine the grill directly you start to see some flaws. I returned it in favor of something OEM but I know most people are happy with theirs.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Yea they definitely used a “good enough” mold to make the grill. It really looks good if your just looking at the truck but if you examine the grill directly you start to see some flaws. I returned it in favor of something OEM but I know most people are happy with theirs.

Here is how mine fits,

5d279cc7b18eec72fa2fc4d9d52bda38.jpg

The only issues i really saw from oem to this one was beside the headlights, the grill seems to be a tad thicker, but not noticeable unless you are comparing side by side really close

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
Here is how mine fits,

5d279cc7b18eec72fa2fc4d9d52bda38.jpg

Sorry I misread your original message the first time. The grill I received only had two clips on the outside of the bottom to snap in, nothing in the middle. I did see the places where the OEM grill snaps in and there was nothing on the after market grill to go in there. The fit on yours looks much better than mine and I think I would have been happy with it if it fit like that.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Sorry I misread your original message the first time. The grill I received only had two clips on the outside of the bottom to snap in, nothing in the middle. I did see the places where the OEM grill snaps in and there was nothing on the after market grill to go in there. The fit on yours looks much better than mine and I think I would have been happy with it if it fit like that.

Oh wow, thats crazy that yours was missing those

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was me. I live right next door in Ceder Mill, it's a small world. So what did you think of the grill? I'm still a unsure about it but I haven't sent it back yet. I'm thinking I might get it paint matched or I might go with something else all together. There's a little gap all the way around that bugs me as well. Ill take a few pics tomorrow for anyone reading along thinking about this grill. I would really rather have something all metal but I also want it ALL black and all the RC, t-rex, etc grills I see have silver rivets or big logos.

I also didn't like the stock grill at first but now I kind of miss the old pig snout... I'm conflicted.

Been out for a few days..........I didn’t get a chance to really check it out (wish I did) you were pulling into CK and I was just about to leave. First impression piqued my interest, stinks the fitment quality wasn’t too your liking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
Yea, but I am really happy I found an old school crosshairs style grill that matches my color. Should be arriving this week. My oldest does Acro at CK so I’m up there all the time.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm really on the fence about buying a new grille for my '18 sport. I've got the bright white with black wheels and badging. It's got the new style 2018 grille obviously. I'm torn on leaving it or buying the above grille or another similar black mesh grille...