• Wildpeak A/T3W

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Terra Grappler G2 xl

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Open Country A/T III

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Wrangler DuraTrac

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Or different tire please list in comments.

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t see the option for the General ATx tires.
Best tire I’ve ever owned.
And one of the very few
MADE IN THE USA!

I love these tires. I’m only running mine in the winter (2nd winter this year) and they’re hardly showing any wear. Mine are E rated so are a little bit heavy. Great traction low highway noise. Best tires I have ever run.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The more choices you add to the list the more difficult it becomes to choose, it doesn't help to ask around for what tires you should get based on the list because literally you're asking us what we have.
Look around you what most trucks have in the choices of tires you want, AT, MT etc. It'll be easier to choose that way based on something you like. If you want to check some stats Tirerack has charts showing you ratings,performance and they also run their own tests on controlled environments so they add those to their charts as well. I'm liking those Toyo AT3's, sawn on the a truck with 35's and they look really good on thaat size.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
7f98774f977193d1d6c2d602ae5a9ffa.jpg
e5157f9605eb4cc5b4ef73526bedb6b9.jpg

Havnt had much snow to try them in. But I really like the appearance of these Toyo open country at3s. They are 3peak rated. Very little to no road noise. I got 35x2.5x17 on my Rebel. Really wanted the 35x11.5 but they are on big back order per my local tire guys and I needed tires now as my stock Toyo at2s had 60,000+ miles on them and didn’t want to go through chicago area winter on them. I take emergency call 8 days a month where anytime of the night or day I could need to go to work and often that can be 2am when roads are not yet plowed. Hospitals don’t close so I need to trust my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regulator54

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT Plus, Crew Cab 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just switched out my BFG KO2 LTs that I have used on my trucks for years. I found that for pavement driving, they get really slippery when worn, especially when wet. I don't carry heavy loads, pull a trailer, or off road any more. So I went with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in factory size 275/60/20. Really happy with the smoother and quieter ride. Great wet and snow traction.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
When I last replaced tires on my 17 1500 CC 4x4 long bed, I used Tire Rack tool.
My priorities were good wet and dry traction, good snow traction, good braking, QUIET going down the road, and good reviews. Firestone Destination ATs were top rank, followed closely by Yokohama Geolander ATs. Yokohamas were $30/tire cheaper, so I picked them. 22K later very pleased. I stayed with P series tire for my needs: light rare towing, some gravel/dirt and snowy roads in winter, and lots of highway/interstate driving to see son/granddaughter. LT tires will cost more and notably reduce gas mileage, but they will haul/tow more.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another possible option. I got sick size Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT. Love them. Look good, quiet and 55000 mile guarentee.

20200608_164008.jpg

RGAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just switched out my BFG KO2 LTs that I have used on my trucks for years. I found that for pavement driving, they get really slippery when worn, especially when wet. I don't carry heavy loads, pull a trailer, or off road any more. So I went with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S in factory size 275/60/20. Really happy with the smoother and quieter ride. Great wet and snow traction.
I have these coopers on my ram now. Had to get factory tires off or I was sure to wreck. 40k on tires now rotated every 6k. Awesome tires at the beginning but almost to the wear bars and they're starting to get a little squirrely. As a matter of fact I had to go put some softener salt in the back of my truck today because they're tending to let loose too much as they wear. I live in Wisconsin and my days of driving like a goofball are long past but they do lose quite a bit of traction as they wear.

Last edited:

zacbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recently put a set of KO2's on my truck and I absolutley love them. They are phenomenal in the snow (comparable or better than actual winter tires I've run on previous vehicles), granted they are brand new so we will see how they do as they wear. My tire guy warned me that they will be louder than the SRA's I've been use to, but I honestly do not notice any increased road noise. The truck also feels like it rides a lot smoother now but maybe its just placebo effect! A few of my buddies have the KO2's and love them as well, their only advice is to rotate them every oil change if you want to get good life out of them.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right but normally they narrow it down in some sort of designation like that. What I'm trying to stay away from is the weight of a higher ply tire. Since the heaviest thing I tow is a 14-ft trailer with a side-by-side on it I don't see the point of doing a heavier ply tire. and the only off-roading I do is pulling my trailer to a gravel parking lot and so far knock on wood I haven't ever had an issue.
My 2018 came factory with the bridgestones. Great tire. I pull a 16 ft box trailer rated at 7k lbs regularly. sometimes overloaded I'm sure. Currently have 73K miles on them. Stock tires, stock rating, sidewall, etc. Extremely happy with them. With that said, I will be soon replacing with Continental Terrain Contact AT's. My point is if you aren't pulling or hauling anywhere near your load limits, you probably don't need a "LT" or E rated tire. These are built heavier. Thicker sidewall, etc. Overall heavier tire. And to address the General ATX, I believe it is available in a lighter rated tire than the E rated tire. Check TireRack, they will be able to show it. Just my 2Cents

pt1655

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
We lived on a crappy dirt road when we had our 25' travel trailer so I put Michelin LTX /AT2 E series and really like these tires. Decently quiet, good traction. Now we live in suburbia and no dirt roads so if I could afford it I would run the Michelin Defender for the little better ride.

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
Toyo AT3 are a great tire
I just switched to the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35"×12.5" and love them
There a load F rating at 80 psi but I run them at 60psi , great tires

Derrick Avelar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TOYO AT II's - Have over 60k miles and still have life in them! I live in Minnesota so I get to see all types of driving. I am running 305R20's but I am changing to 35/12.5R20's in the spring. I am willing to change brands but, the tire guys I have spoken to have told me to stick with the tire that I like and I have loved these Toyo's.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
#1 General (Continental) Grabber ATX
#2 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

I think that's how they were rated in Tire Rack Survey when I bought a couple years back. Very happy with General's.

I live in the Siberia of the Americas. Conditions can be, and are, literally anything - cold, hot, snow, rain, wind, highway, gravel, dirt, etc. etc.

Dragon62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a Nitto Ridge kid too, 35x12.5x20 22K on them and they look and ride like new.

519b.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357