tuner for 2002 4.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have done a little research here and elsewhere on the topic but have not found a lot of info on the specifics I am looking for.

Driving a 2002 1500 with 4.7L limits my options on buying a tuner for the truck.
So far I have found that pretty much only SCT supports my engine/year.

I have the Cortex for 30$ more than the Flashpaq. From what I have read, pretty much the only advantage I would get from the Cortex would be Tranny shift point changes which I am not even sure is supported for my vehicle, and from what I have found it is already very limited even on 2003.

So, 2 questions :

1. Should I spend the 30$+ for the Cortex, or save the $ and get the Flashpaq?

2. Is anyone aware of other tuner options for my engine/year?

That would be my XMas gift with love from me to me... :love51:

Tristan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 03 4.7 and I purchased and used the Superchips Flashpaq and it made a night and day difference with the 87 tune and another easily noticable difference with the 91 tune. Easily see and feel the difference in power and shifting. My truck will smoke the tires. Stock intake and stock exhaust. :peace::peace:

OP
OP
xb1230

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have an 03 4.7 and I purchased and used the Superchips Flashpaq and it made a night and day difference with the 87 tune and another easily noticable difference with the 91 tune. Easily see and feel the difference in power and shifting. My truck will smoke the tires. Stock intake and stock exhaust. [emoji14]eace:[emoji14]eace:
Have you done the TMR delete over the tuner? It is a special thing for the '03 and greatly improves shifts...

I'm honna get the Cortex... it has the same tunes as the Flashpaq, plus a few more features. I'm thinking it's worth the 30$ difference. Plus I can reuse when I update to a newer RAM... Unless I get a Diesel... but that is more dreamland than anything else...

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tell me how it goes please since I have the same truck basically. If I can ever get the time to screw the heads back on.

Tristan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you done the TMR delete over the tuner? It is a special thing for the '03 and greatly improves shifts...

I'm honna get the Cortex... it has the same tunes as the Flashpaq, plus a few more features. I'm thinking it's worth the 30$ difference. Plus I can reuse when I update to a newer RAM... Unless I get a Diesel... but that is more dreamland than anything else...

I have not. Just a straight Flashpaq. My shifts improved enough for my liking.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
I'm selling a used, unlocked sc 3865 an diablo flashpaq u7137 for $175/ea. I know the flashpaq will work on the 02...

OP
OP
xb1230

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You should send a PM directly to him... might not be subscribed to the thread anymore.

I know he sold the SC. and I ended up buying a New Superchip 3842 programmer which I like.

Good luck.