Tuner Wishlist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I want a tuner that can;

1.) get my mirrors to point down when I go in reverse,
2.) activate the cargo camera,
3.) update tire sizes / calibrate speedometer,
4.) Improve throttle response,
5.) bypassing navigation restrictions while not in park,
6.) change throttle response and make truck more fun to drive.

Ideally, I want to make these changes and then unplug the unit until I want to make another change. Does it exist?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tazer can do some of this but it must stay plugged in all the time.

Alfa can do 2 and 3

For 1 you have to have memory mirrors. And 5 can't be done or at least I have never heard of anyone here that has successfully done it.

6 can be done with a pedal commander or similar product or a tuner like a diablosport or HP.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tazer can do some of this but it must stay plugged in all the time.

Alfa can do 2 and 3

For 1 you have to have memory mirrors. And 5 can't be done or at least I have never heard of anyone here that has successfully done it.

6 can be done with a pedal commander or similar product or a tuner like a diablosport or HP.

So there isn't "one to rule them all" tuner? Nothing that even checks more boxes than a competitors?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just to add, if you go with HP or Diablosport you can also adjust tire size as well as engine tuning and throttle response. But if you have a 2015 or newer truck you will need an unlocked PCM to go along with any custom tuning. So it gets expensive.

You might be able to get a dealer to add individual sales codes to your BCM to activate the cargo camera. But that will be an hour labor or so. IF they will even do it at all.

Alfa can be a pain in the **** to use too though. It is glitchy in my experience and if you mess up a procedure... There is a real risk of leaving your truck unable to start requiring a trip to a dealer for a BCM flash. I have had a few scary moments like this before.

Really wish there was a tuner out there that could do all of it and be easy to use. But it just doesn't exist as far as I know.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Really wish there was a tuner out there that could do all of it and be easy to use. But it just doesn't exist as far as I know.

Hopefully these tuners listen to people like you and me and get something to the market. Assuming it's possible obviously.

So the Tazer can do the auto fold mirror thing like I want. I just need to make sure my mirrors will support that behavior.

What do I need to "unlock" my truck?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately I don't think anyone will end up making something like this. 4th gens have been around since 2009 and soonish 4th gen production will end. Think we are kinda SOL on this one.

You just need an unlocked PCM if you want to put a custom tune on your truck. You can do a PCM exchange with diablosport where they send you an unlocked one then you send them your stock one. Or you can buy an unlocked one from them.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ok, I'm getting a tune. Give me a recommendation. I want transmission tuned to give me a go like this video.

Whatever I get, I need to be able to calibrate the Speedometer.
I'm NOT doing a Cold Air Intake or anything like that. It's too dusty where I live and I do a lot of gravel road driving.
I'm NOT doing an exhaust.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok, I'm getting a tune. Give me a recommendation. I want transmission tuned to give me a go like this video.

Whatever I get, I need to be able to calibrate the Speedometer.
I'm NOT doing a Cold Air Intake or anything like that. It's too dusty where I live and I do a lot of gravel road driving.
I'm NOT doing an exhaust.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any luck. I am not sure if I am ready for a tuner but I want better milage but don’t want to damage the truck