Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbalde04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After the update, when I pair with my same phone from before the update (Blackberry Priv) with the stereo, it will interrupt all audio playback until I disconnect my phone from Bluetooth. I have tried the factory reset, and forgetting the unit from my phone, and visa-versa, but still won't let me listen to audio while the phone is connected through Bluetooth. I tried to pair my wife's Galaxy S7, and it works perfectly. Anyone else having this issue, or know of a fix?
-2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a blackberry priv as well (I'm kinda in disbelief someone else has one too) and everything works flawlessly. Maybe there is a way to do a hard reset on the radio to repair your phone.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Edit:
Actually I take back that everything works flawlessly. My radio will not notify me when I receive a text in a group message. Is that a common issue with all phones on the Uconnect?

Last edited:

jerryhipp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did update and now it wont read my usb card for music.

edit. i erased my usb card and re-downloaded the music and it is now working. weird! i don't know if it was a glitch or what. but for the life of me i couldn't get it to work since the update. knock on wood.

BeRoyalKC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Getting close to the end of August - still have nothing.

I’m in the same boat. I can’t imagine they finish the updates by that deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a blackberry priv as well (I'm kinda in disbelief someone else has one too) and everything works flawlessly. Maybe there is a way to do a hard reset on the radio to repair your phone.

Edit:
Actually I take back that everything works flawlessly. My radio will not notify me when I receive a text in a group message. Is that a common issue with all phones on the Uconnect?
I am still pre 17 update, 8.4 an radio, active uconnect account and galaxy s7... and group text messages dont show for me.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

dstryr

The one and only
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't read the entire 11 pages on this update but want to let you know what I'm going through now.

I selected 'install update' in I believe late June and followed the instruction to not turn off the radio for 15-20 minutes to allow completion and rebooting of the system.

During the update the screen goes dark and instructions appear saying to leave the radio on for the 15-20 minutes, etc. A white bar appears below the instructions and goes blue as the update progresses.

On my truck the update bar goes All blue but then never completes the reboot and stays on the update screen. It never comes back to the radio/controls screen unless I shut the truck off for several minutes and as soon as I turn the truck on the update will start within 3-5 minutes and take over my screen for the duration of a trip unless of course I stop and shut down for several minutes.

This takes away all controls not also on the dash as mechanical buttons or steering wheel. So, gone is climate contrl, pairing another phone or device, etc.

I have a case started with UConnect and the lady was very pleasant but says I'll have to take it to the dealer for service. UConnect will cover the re-flash, repair Or replacement of the radio and the $100 F*** Y** fee the dealer charges to just diagnose. But I'll have to pay the $100 and file with Uconnect for reimbursement.

After this engine fiasco and getting the truck back with a missing part between the rod and brake booster which led to the pedal going almost to the floor to get brakes I'm so sick of this effing truck(mostly the d-bag adviser Trent at the dealership) that I'd rather drive it with the dicked up radio than go to the dealer again.

BTW, the tech who worked my truck was awesome, apologized for missing the part on the re-install and was super gracious. Would take my truck to him any day but would rather not even see the adviser I worked with. Funny, but while I was waiting to talk to Trent last week another customer was reaming his ass about not being straight up with him on repair time and when he could pick up his vehicle. The customer appeared to be a high-tech support guy of some sort and needed his vehicle to get on-site for customers... I'm guessing computer or factory automation based on the guys I've worked with for almost 30 years. Anyway... the guy shows up for his vehicle and it wasn't done.... the guy asked Trent why his car wasn't done, when you say pick it up Wednesday and its Wednesday and you didn't call to say Thursday it 'effs up my day and my week'. So that's Trent at Dewey in Ankeny IA.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm so sick of this effing truck(mostly the d-bag adviser Trent at the dealership) that I'd rather drive it with the dicked up radio than go to the dealer again.

So that's Trent at Dewey in Ankeny IA.

Can't take the truck to another dealer? If not, register a complaint about Trent the douche bag. Do yourself and others a solid!

BeRoyalKC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Well I think it’s safe to say they’re not going to meet their end of August deadline.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine has 800 miles on it...just had the 8.4AN entire head unit replaced due to a "vehicle phone requires service" error and it popped up before I even left the parking lot of the dealership.

I never got any updated version to install...and the dealer never mentioned flashing it.

I'm also getting very frustrated with this 8.4 system (which I normally absolutely love).

I'm starting documentation on each and every single thing that is done to this system. I'm not paying 50K for a truck to have these issues.

To top it all off...it came from the factory with this issue...ugh.

I was still running the lower version and never got any update notification throughout August.

I'm also guessing mine will never get the over the air update as my vehicle internal phone (connection) isn't working.

Last edited:

dengland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to September .....

I wonder which will come last: OTA update or new maps being available for >$150

Mayh3m

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He can also turn on his back up camera at anytime. He can also change the wallpaper on his screen and color theme.

Camera option is great **** for sure!! The themes/ wallpapers and colors are OK. Not the greatest selection and by OK I actually mean lame imho. Now if we could flash or bluetooth send a pic or background that we want.. That would be awesome. (at no additional cost)

Long story short. You're missing out on the camera and that's about it.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has 800 miles on it...just had the 8.4AN entire head unit replaced due to a "vehicle phone requires service" error and it popped up before I even left the parking lot of the dealership.

I never got any updated version to install...and the dealer never mentioned flashing it.

I'm also getting very frustrated with this 8.4 system (which I normally absolutely love).

I'm starting documentation on each and every single thing that is done to this system. I'm not paying 50K for a truck to have these issues.

To top it all off...it came from the factory with this issue...ugh.

I was still running the lower version and never got any update notification throughout August.

I'm also guessing mine will never get the over the air update as my vehicle internal phone (connection) isn't working.

If it never works - Lemon it. My finances mother had to lemon her Q50 due to infotainment issues.

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here comes the update for everyone. Just got this email 193b6d938d9d33c1ae4355bad4cd8b14.jpg

Last edited:

BeRoyalKC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
No email here so I’m not holding my breath. It’ll show up at some point in the future I suppose. I really wish they’d just put the download online so we can just do it ourselves if we didn’t want to wait on the OTA.