What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonTownsley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Looks good man! Almost bought me some bed rails like that the other day. Which brand are they? The set I was looking at had bad reviews of them being uneven and cut wrong.

c5155ba6af841158ccb250897e2b61ab.jpg
They're Westin/ Wade. Straight eBay.
Cut quality is noticeable when installing them, but overall not hugely annoying. They were packaged really well and kept straight which was a bit surprising for only like 120$ Can for the 4 pieces. Hoping they will be compatible with a bakflip g2... We'll see.

Anyone know a way to keep them from getting sun bleached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Bushwackers bed protectors on mine. I highly recommend them, they were cut perfectly, fit perfectly and went on really easily.

20151105_171042_zps94oe8r0d.jpg

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Basic maintenance day: oil and filter, air filter, optima red top battery replacement.

Think the air filter was due? [emoji3]

This also should take care of my battery corrosion issues. The support bracket was missing, so the battery was wiggling a lot causing it to splash out onto the terminals. New one came with a bracket to snug it up. [emoji1303]

10a07335c26e7bcbe8c21d9f9c9ae561.jpgb27ef48626d51c76fec0ccdf01a83589.jpg

Last edited:

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
Drove 180 miles (& yes miles- I converted it) today.

No problems & temp stayed between 191 - 202 - the temp got higher with the use of A/C.

& I get a lot of looks for the new grill.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Hey guys, have an electrical gremlin here, had slow crank/occasional click, had battery tested was low, got new battery same result, next day starter dies, got new starter, before the p.i.t.a. of putting it back in a decide to try it off the truck, now I've got nothing no crank, no clicking, nothing, have 12v power to the battery stud, and have 12v power to the solenoid when you hit the key, looked online and found pcm fuse, which I don't have unless it's somewhere else besides power distribution center or called something else, impact sensor, which I don't think I have, unless again located elsewhere, and crap can't remember the other thing I'm at work right now, any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I feel like this thread shouldnt include " drove it today" I mean I drive mine everyday, sometimes multiple times lol.

I do get the guys that have their ram as a project or play vehicle and thus, don't drive it everyday...

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, have an electrical gremlin here, had slow crank/occasional click, had battery tested was low, got new battery same result, next day starter dies, got new starter, before the p.i.t.a. of putting it back in a decide to try it off the truck, now I've got nothing no crank, no clicking, nothing, have 12v power to the battery stud, and have 12v power to the solenoid when you hit the key, looked online and found pcm fuse, which I don't have unless it's somewhere else besides power distribution center or called something else, impact sensor, which I don't think I have, unless again located elsewhere, and crap can't remember the other thing I'm at work right now, any ideas?

This would probably bed better posted in a different forum

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Sorry I meant under a different heading, like garage> tech info.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4
Ya sorry was at work and just looking for people to chime in with ideas for when I get home.

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram Lover - I'm thinking it might be the ignition switch itself. I had one go bad on me with another truck I owned ( Not A Ram). I hope this helps. :happy107:

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Ram Lover - I'm thinking it might be the ignition switch itself. I had one go bad on me with another truck I owned ( Not A Ram). I hope this helps. :happy107:
Thanks, would it be that though if I have 12v from the switch when you try to crank it? Also if everything else works as well?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Nice dude. everyone in my neighborhood rolls on those down to the community pool and what-not. I've been searching for a decent deal on one, but no luck yet. You gonna slam it? They make air ride kits for golf carts :naughty:

o actually I think I may take the lift that's on it off and put a bigger one :naughty:

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto

did you try the starter off the truck - actual bench test? - not with truck power.

& on the truck make sure the ground to the starter is good.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
did you try the starter off the truck - actual bench test? - not with truck power.

& on the truck make sure the ground to the starter is good.
It is off the truck, had it tested at Autozone and it was fine, my old one shorted and fried one of their clips, only have two wires the battery and the black crank signal wire from the switch, was wondering if it being mounted to the truck grounds it.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
It is off the truck, had it tested at Autozone and it was fine, my old one shorted and fried one of their clips, only have two wires the battery and the black crank signal wire from the switch, was wondering if it being mounted to the truck grounds it.

Went out to mess with the switch that Jim mentioned, didn't quite catch what it was but after a few turns of the key where the mileage is had a few dashes then said done, what the heck is that?
Also worth noting is it has a remote start system, would that affect it and also would it or a gear safety switch allow power to the starter? And since my boy took it Tuesday my brake light has been flashing.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how come chrome handles, id just paint to match what you have

They were cheap and I have a handle that's broken. Eventually the truck won't have any handles on it, so I'm not going to take the time to prep and paint the black ones. It's a pain to take them apart to paint them correctly when they're going to be gone eventually anyways.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendo99