What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
On 4th gens you can get these bad ass custom made blind spot mirrors, and once you do that you pretty much have 3rd gen tow mirrors that are permanently folded down lol

512e6421d55f018ce13a12c8316d3a6c.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Yes there was,,,,,, not bad, but noticeable. I've waxed one spot twice so far to see if it comes out, and that spot is pretty much clear now. I think it'll be easier with a little polishing compound, and then wax. I'm gonna do that tomorrow on a different spot. Trying to figure out the easiest way to get it out. That said, I think time and weather will do it anyway, but I'm not waiting.

Try a clay bar, they work wonders.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
i think they will bolt up, but there is some fit and finish issues if im not mistaken

Oh ok I need to look into that thanks

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
On 4th gens you can get these bad ass custom made blind spot mirrors, and once you do that you pretty much have 3rd gen tow mirrors that are permanently folded down lol

512e6421d55f018ce13a12c8316d3a6c.jpg

Lmao that's right

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My half ton came from the factory with them tow mirrors. I think it's because it has the factory tow package is the only reason I can come up with. I mean ****, it's just a half ton...lol. The only thing I would think that would be big enough to justify them dumbo ears and at the same time not be too heavy for the truck would be a typical smaller tandem axle bumper-pull travel trailer. When I put Colorado in the rearview 4 years ago, I pulled a tandem axle enclosed U-haul trailer, I think they're like a 12 x 6 or whatever they are-- they're the bigger of them... and with the tow mirrors up I could see behind the trailer really well...lol. They weren't worth a flip really for being able to watch your trailer tires when turning. That was when I came to the conclusion that unless you had a long enough trailer that they ain't even worth flippin' up and re-aiming them. That's just my humble little ole opinion. Lol.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I'd show where i did my truck but I can't upload pics, it dose work, maybe you didn't use enough elbow grease demon lol. And what is the problem with pictures and not being able to post them?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I'd show where i did my truck but I can't upload pics, it dose work, maybe you didn't use enough elbow grease demon lol. And what is the problem with pictures and not being able to post them?

claybar just removes impurities on the paint, not actual defects, ghosting is where the paint behind the emblems removed has no wear and tear like the rest of the truck does, and its where the pigment behind them didn't fade, if you removed ghosting with claybar then it wasn't ghosting you removed, like i said claybar removes impurities stuck in the paint so if it removed any ghosting it wasnt that old of paint (pretty much just removed embedded dirt), also from a professional detailer, you never want to use elbow grease with clay bar, thats a quick way to swirl paint and possibly even damage it

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
My half ton came from the factory with them tow mirrors. I think it's because it has the factory tow package is the only reason I can come up with. I mean ****, it's just a half ton...lol. The only thing I would think that would be big enough to justify them dumbo ears and at the same time not be too heavy for the truck would be a typical smaller tandem axle bumper-pull travel trailer. When I put Colorado in the rearview 4 years ago, I pulled a tandem axle enclosed U-haul trailer, I think they're like a 12 x 6 or whatever they are-- they're the bigger of them... and with the tow mirrors up I could see behind the trailer really well...lol. They weren't worth a flip really for being able to watch your trailer tires when turning. That was when I came to the conclusion that unless you had a long enough trailer that they ain't even worth flippin' up and re-aiming them. That's just my humble little ole opinion. Lol.

I leave em up on my red truck because i often tow a car hauler, but ill admit, i do like being able to see around the cars behind me in traffic when im not towing something, its good for cop watching lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I leave em up on my red truck because i often tow a car hauler, but ill admit, i do like being able to see around the cars behind me in traffic when im not towing something, its good for cop watching lol

I just ain't a big fan of them unless they're on a dually...[emoji12] They look good folded out all the time on those. Even in non-tow mode they stick out too far. I gotta pull them in whenever I go through a drive through from fear of tearing them off or tearing the building down if I get more than a couple feet from the building or the ATM...

My mom damn near knocked herself out cold on my passenger side mirror one day. She parked next to it and upon standing after picking up something she dropped, she was too close to the mirror...lol. She came in the house sayin she pert-near tore my mirror off....[emoji23]

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I just ain't a big fan of them unless they're on a dually...[emoji12] They look good folded out all the time on those. Even in non-tow mode they stick out too far. I gotta pull them in whenever I go through a drive through from fear of tearing them off or tearing the building down if I get more than a couple feet from the building or the ATM...

My mom damn near knocked herself out cold on my passenger side mirror one day. She parked next to it upon standing after picking up something she dropped, she was too close to the mirror...lol. She came in the house sayin she pert-near tore my mirror off....[emoji23]

oh i have sat and watched people knock themselves off their feet running into one of them, i laugh my ass off at them, i watched a lady walk straight down my the side of my truck and went face first into the mirror side of my mirror, i walked out to her and added some insult to injury, asked her "what are you a f***ing bird, feel the need to just plow into glass?" "can you not see a mirror that sticks 1.5' off the side of a truck, not to mention you can see yourself coming straight at yourself"

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh i have sat and watched people knock themselves off their feet running into one of them, i laugh my ass off at them, i watched a lady walk straight down my the side of my truck and went face first into the mirror side of my mirror, i walked out to her and added some insult to injury, asked her "what are you a f***ing bird, feel the need to just plow into glass?" "can you not see a mirror that sticks 1.5' off the side of a truck, not to mention you can see yourself coming straight at yourself"

Dammit!

I've yet to see a face print on my mirrors...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]22740fe57e22117d98ad924dc3bd2807.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Dammit!

I've yet to see a face print on my mirrors...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]22740fe57e22117d98ad924dc3bd2807.jpg

i can seem my truck from my office, so i get to watch people as they come into work, and at first it was comical, but then it got annoying having to fix my mirrors 3x a week, so i took pictures of the 4 or 5 people and put out a traffic cone next to my truck and a sign that had their pictures on it and it had an arrow pointing at my mirror, and it said "there is a truck mirror here, especially if you are.... (and i put their pictures there)...

the sad part is that its not like i was blocking a sidewalk, it was always my driver side mirror and i was parked next to a field on that side of my truck, certain stupid people felt the need to walk through the grass as close to my truck as possible, and needless to say that the chosen few weren't thrilled to see their pictures on the mirror sign, :roflsquared:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i can seem my truck from my office, so i get to watch people as they come into work, and at first it was comical, but then it got annoying having to fix my mirrors 3x a week, so i took pictures of the 4 or 5 people and put out a traffic cone next to my truck and a sign that had their pictures on it and it had an arrow pointing at my mirror, and it said "there is a truck mirror here, especially if you are.... (and i put their pictures there)...

the sad part is that its not like i was blocking a sidewalk, it was always my driver side mirror and i was parked next to a field on that side of my truck, certain stupid people felt the need to walk through the grass as close to my truck as possible, and needless to say that the chosen few weren't thrilled to see their pictures on the mirror sign, :roflsquared:

78f97b44788d32f52af1223fd58179cf.jpg

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I havent seen anybody walk into my tows yet because i only had em like a week BUT lol, i did watch a drunk like 21yo wanna be bad a$$ walk out of a restaraunt with a group of his buddies walk directly into my small stock mirror (i was sitting in the driver seat, truck off waiting for my girl to come out.) it was at night and i had 12% tint so he had no clue i was in it. he was mad at his stupidity and his drunk buddies were egging him on so he turns back around towards my truck full intentions of ripping my mirror off... i let him get about to my bumper and hopped out as fast as possible lol (not trying to sound cool or anything but ive been bodybuilding for about 8-9 years straight and im tattood from head down so the look tends to intimidate the younger guys lol) anyway i hopped out and he jumped and then walked passed me back into the restraunt tried playing it off like thats what he was doing haha his buddies all quickly turned around walked off. not as funny as demons pictures :roflsquared: but yeah thats my mirror story

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to order a notch and bridge kit for the truck tomorrow, but I've decided to forego the kit, order one piece notches and build the bridge myself so that I can have the say on where and how things look and fit instead of being stuck with the kit.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to order a notch and bridge kit for the truck tomorrow, but I've decided to forego the kit, order one piece notches and build the bridge myself so that I can have the say on where and how things look and fit instead of being stuck with the kit.
Now that's the spirit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk