What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I did, but it's just stressing me out. What I need isn't made. So I'm worried about it looking right, being useful, being versatile, and performing well all at the same time. I'm sorry.

And no, that truck doesn't look like a skateboard, those tall slicks are mean as ****, and the front skinnies serve a strip-exclusive purpose, and, obviously, with the rears, would all be put on at the strip prior to some serious runs.

I more wanted a truck for handling, though, as I tried to express. And to accomplish that, and since I won't use it exclusively for work, and don't have family to haul, I don't need anything bigger than an extended cab regular bed[~133" wheelbase max] but preferrably, a single cab regular bed[~125" wheelbase or less], for even tighter handling.

NVM, I'm at it again. Look, I'm sorry. I got out of hand. And you're also right about moving to the 4g thread for my build since I'm going 4g. And doing it WHEN I get said 4g, and AS I become able to do things to it.

For now, I'll try to calm down and stick only to my current truck.

Speaking of which, I got some lucas oil fuel injector cleaner that goes in with the fuel. Gonna put it in on the next fill up, unless you guys think I should mix it in with a lower amount of fuel in the tank??

personally i dont feel any of those in tank fuel additives really do anything for the truck, now the ones that remove water and stuff like "heet" those work great

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
personally i dont feel any of those in tank fuel additives really do anything for the truck, now the ones that remove water and stuff like "heet" those work great

Thank you. In any case, they were on sale for only a few bucks and I got just one bottle. So yeah.

Dana, is all of this detailing stuff okay to sit in my non-climate controlled garage despite Floridian weather or should I bring it all into my apt? {hot and humid in summer, cold recently [25-55 deg f] except this last week [55-80 deg f]. No water leaks except maybe under the door a little when it's REAL bad.}

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Thank you. In any case, they were on sale for only a few bucks and I got just one bottle. So yeah.

Dana, is all of this detailing stuff okay to sit in my non-climate controlled garage despite Floridian weather or should I bring it all into my apt? {hot and humid in summer, cold recently[25-55 deg f] except this last week. No water leaks except maybe under the door a little when it's REAL bad.}

your detailing stuff is safe, all of mine i have for my detailing business stays in my garage year round, even on these crazy hot texas days, the trick is to go shake all your products at least once a month

9011a7adad0a3e0a2c54ee1862334c2e.jpg

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Dana, is all of this detailing stuff okay to sit in my non-climate controlled garage despite Floridian weather or should I bring it all into my apt? {hot and humid in summer, cold recently [25-55 deg f] except this last week [55-80 deg f]. No water leaks except maybe under the door a little when it's REAL bad.}
Demon is the real detailing wizard so what he said lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your detailing stuff is safe, all of mine i have for my detailing business stays in my garage year round, even on these crazy hot texas days, the trick is to go shake all your products at least once a month

Ok I friggin need all this stuff haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi

That's a lot of **** to shake.... But okay.

Lol, I think I have the exact same rack. I just finished painting it with rust reformer. Looks just as black as yours, but a few spots rubbed off -that I noticed- as I was finishing the bottom shelf, so I guess it's not really that great as 'paint'.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
That's a lot of **** to shake.... But okay.

Lol, I think I have the exact same rack. I just finished painting it with rust reformer. Looks just as black as yours, but a few spots rubbed off -that I noticed- as I was finishing the bottom shelf, so I guess it's not really that great as 'paint'.

yeah it takes me a bit to shake/ mix everything up, but i call it inventory cause it lets me see what i need to order when i get low on something

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I've use the Lucas stuff on occasion, just add it into the tank whenever. I usually do it when I fill up. Does it work? No idea without testing it on a bad injector but it certainly doesn't hurt anything either.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure that's at least antagonizing.

Antagonizing? No, just a reality check. "Grandiose" is exactly what it is. Like above stated, you've been watching too much TV. Listing everything you want to do to a truck (you're not even sure what truck yet) I'd probably put it over 50k, depending on how much work you can do yourself. And no offense, but judging from your posts, you probably don't have the know-how to do it all yourself.

From my point of view, the only one antagonizing is you. Demon (along with a few others) have gone above and beyond in answering your questions then on several instances you've **** on their responses and even argued with them.

Listen, you're obviously young and lacking in some life experiences, so I'll give you some more advice: Be realistic in your goals and don't ask for advice if you're just going to **** on the advice given. Then if you're called out, don't play the "oh woe is me" victim card. Man up and take responsibility for your own actions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've use the Lucas stuff on occasion, just add it into the tank whenever. I usually do it when I fill up. Does it work? No idea without testing it on a bad injector but it certainly doesn't hurt anything either.
I'm more of a Seafoam kinda guy.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm more of a Seafoam kinda guy.

I've used Seafoam as well, pouring it into the gas tank, using the vacuum method into the intake and even dumped some into the crank case before an oil change.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Antagonizing? No, just a reality check. "Grandiose" is exactly what it is. Like above stated, you've been watching too much TV. Listing everything you want to do to a truck (you're not even sure what truck yet) I'd probably put it over 50k, depending on how much work you can do yourself. And no offense, but judging from your posts, you probably don't have the know-how to do it all yourself.

From my point of view, the only one antagonizing is you. Demon (along with a few others) have gone above and beyond in answering your questions then on several instances you've **** on their responses and even argued with them.

Listen, you're obviously young and lacking in some life experiences, so I'll give you some more advice: Be realistic in your goals and don't ask for advice if you're just going to **** on the advice given. Then if you're called out, don't play the "oh woe is me" victim card. Man up and take responsibility for your own actions.

Lol, so past that now.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
So I’m having a bit of a panic stick I see some leaking by my head gasket I thought it was from somewhere else so cleaned it off and it came back also found a lil mocha under my oil dam I’m about having a heart attack. What you guys thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I’m having a bit of a panic stick I see some leaking by my head gasket I thought it was from somewhere else so cleaned it off and it came back also found a lil mocha under my oil dam I’m about having a heart attack. What you guys thinking

What does your oil and coolant look like?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

How many miles are on it? How long have you had it an at what mileage did you buy it?

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
When I check them they look normal it’s just the lil mocha under the cap I wiped it off and it came right back few days later

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I check them they look normal it’s just the lil mocha under the cap I wiped it off and it came right back few days later

Under the oil fill cap? That sounds like moisture in the system. Could be a head gasket but could be other things as well. Are you sure the the external leak is coming from the head gasket?

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Yeah under the cap also after having the truck sit for about a week I noticed a little white smoke when I restarted. And I’m not 100 percent the leak I see is coming from there it’s hard to pinpoint because of where it is.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah under the cap also after having the truck sit for about a week I noticed a little white smoke when I restarted. And I’m not 100 percent the leak I see is coming from there it’s hard to pinpoint because of where it is.

If I was a betting man.... [emoji17]