What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Brakes today. Was only supposed to be the rear but I found out that I really needed new front pads as well. I finished replacing the rear rotors and pads, parking brake shoes were still good as was all the hardware, and decided it was time for a fluch/bleed since I was already there. Did both rear wheels and then got the front jacked up, pulled the passenger side wheel and found out the pads were pretty much toast. To the wear indicators in 9800 miles, less than a year since they were new last April. brakeperformance.com sells some great rotors but that's the last time I buy brake pads with rotors from them. Got new ceramic pads from Autozone installed now. Rotors only next time I need them and I'll get pads locally or elsewhere. Also replaced the sway bar end link bushings on the front. I had replaced the worn out OEM stuff with Mevotech and the upper end link bushings had fallen apart after about 26k miles. Won't be getting Mevotech suspension parts again either. Replaced the bushings with Energy Suspension bushing since Autozone had the generic ones in stock and they fit the truck with spares if I need them. The kit has bushings for 2 sway bars/4 end links. And finally I replaced the driver side window controls and plate with new parts off Amazon that had great reviews and did the passenger side window switch and plate as well. So far, it all works great.

The old rear rotors with 80k miles on them. Pads had another 3mm or so life left before hitting the wear indicators. These were brakeperformance.com rotors with I think Hawk pads.

20180112_104930-X2.jpg

And the new rear rotors, also from brakeperformance but dimpled and slotted to match the front this time. These have the brakeperformance ceramic pads so I'll be keeping a close eye on them to see how long they last.

20180112_104942-X2.jpg

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Brakes today. Was only supposed to be the rear but I found out that I really needed new front pads as well. I finished replacing the rear rotors and pads, parking brake shoes were still good as was all the hardware, and decided it was time for a fluch/bleed since I was already there. Did both rear wheels and then got the front jacked up, pulled the passenger side wheel and found out the pads were pretty much toast. To the wear indicators in 9800 miles, less than a year since they were new last April. brakeperformance.com sells some great rotors but that's the last time I buy brake pads with rotors from them. Got new ceramic pads from Autozone installed now. Rotors only next time I need them and I'll get pads locally or elsewhere. Also replaced the sway bar end link bushings on the front. I had replaced the worn out OEM stuff with Mevotech and the upper end link bushings had fallen apart after about 26k miles. Won't be getting Mevotech suspension parts again either. Replaced the bushings with Energy Suspension bushing since Autozone had the generic ones in stock and they fit the truck with spares if I need them. The kit has bushings for 2 sway bars/4 end links. And finally I replaced the driver side window controls and plate with new parts off Amazon that had great reviews and did the passenger side window switch and plate as well. So far, it all works great.

The old rear rotors with 80k miles on them. Pads had another 3mm or so life left before hitting the wear indicators. These were brakeperformance.com rotors with I think Hawk pads.

20180112_104930-X2.jpg

And the new rear rotors, also from brakeperformance but dimpled and slotted to match the front this time. These have the brakeperformance ceramic pads so I'll be keeping a close eye on them to see how long they last.

20180112_104942-X2.jpg

It seems many have forgotten the lost art of bedding in brakes. If you do it, I'm sure they'll last much longer.

The brakes on MY truck have been on there presumably before my dad got it. In September 2015. At 94.5k. Truck's at 110.5k now, and they're still working, and not screeching metal on metal, either. When I do need them, I wanna get steel lines, EBC yellowstuff's and their sport rotors, unless there's something better out there for the same price, or just about as good, but cheaper.

I'll probably end up doing tires soon. Does anyone know where I can get some Nitto 420s in 275/60r20 for a good price? Maybe free shipping, or really cheap?

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
My check engine light keeps coming on for bank 1 sensor I changed it and it still keeps coming on. I wonder if my high flow cat has anything to do with it it started after I did the cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
My E-Brake blew up on me today, it broke engaged and then it really broke to be disengaged, but to keep the long story short, what should have been a simple fox took over 5 hours... ugh!

831c41e91e106e18218b07b4c5c9f821.jpg

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
So Walmart sells oem mopar filters for $7.00 that’s a hell of a price e3201ba476c4971edf82ad1afd229b2e.jpg

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My E-Brake blew up on me today, it broke engaged and then it really broke to be disengaged, but to keep the long story short, what should have been a simple fox took over 5 hours... ugh!

What broke? Cable or the springs for the shoes or something else?

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

I don’t know if I have asked you yet, but what tail lights are those? I think they would look nice on my ram, are they bright?

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I don’t know if I have asked you yet, but what tail lights are those? I think they would look nice on my ram, are they bright?

If I'm not mistaken on the spelling, I saw those on google the other week and they're called "depo" led taillights.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

2quic4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dropped my truck off at my mechanic. Thing is stalling in any gear & is hard to start after stalling. Truck will run & cycle fine for a little while, then problem happens again. He thinks it may be the crank sensor, something to do with the magnet in there. Of course there are no codes of any kind. Truck is an 04 with extremely low miles, so I'm very confused

Last edited:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those look nice. You said you got a matching 3rd light too? Hows the fit one those? The set that I got years ago have never fit quite right so I am wanting to replace them finally. They still work great, look just like yours but plain red, no

All I’ve gotten so far is just the taillights. I was gonna wait til I get all the other **** in to put it all on. Tho I do want to throw these on.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
All I’ve gotten so far is just the taillights. I was gonna wait til I get all the other **** in to put it all on. Tho I do want to throw these on.

I cant wait to see them on

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

These are depo tails, they are EXTREMELY bright, one of the brightest sets of tails you can buy, only brighter tails ive ever owned were anzo brand tail lights, and the fitment on these is 100% perfect