What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
What broke? Cable or the springs for the shoes or something else?

The cable frayed and wouldnt let it disengage, when i tried to take the wheel off, the cable snapped under the pressure of me taking the lug nuts off.

The **** show was waiting 5 hours for the wrong part to arrive lol

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
These are depo tails, they are EXTREMELY bright, one of the brightest sets of tails you can buy, only brighter tails ive ever owned were anzo brand tail lights, and the fitment on these is 100% perfect
Found a pair on Amazon for $125 will have to pick them up, they look really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Found a pair on Amazon for $125 will have to pick them up, they look really good!

I'll probably get a set for my truck, myself. Unless I can find some clear lense black housing stockers to put some switchback bulbs into.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I'll probably get a set for my truck, myself. Unless I can find some clear lense black housing stockers to put some switchback bulbs into.

Switchbacks are so nice, I got some in the front kf my truck. I like to look of the white stripe in the middle. All the other led tails just seem to have leds in the top and have the whole other half for reverse lights lol

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Switchbacks are so nice, I got some in the front kf my truck. I like to look of the white stripe in the middle. All the other led tails just seem to have leds in the top and have the whole other half for reverse lights lol

Yeah, most LED tails are setup 'normally'. IE, top section, bottom section, reverse section. Both main sections are red only, with one running as the running lights and turns, while the other is exclusively brake lights. And, of course, the reverse section is white only running as reverse lights.

What I want is a two section light only with two switchback bulbs. One red/white, the other red/amber. The latter on top, and the former on the bottom. Both run in red as the running lights and brake lights, but the tops go "off-amber-off-amber" for the turn signals, then switch back to normal function when the turn signal ends. And the bottom set will change from red to white when reverse is engaged, and lock out the red function, but, of course, you'll then have the tops as reds for running and brake lights.

Also, the housing will have black interiors and clear lenses for aesthetics. It would also likely have a red reflector rim all the way around it and splitting the two sections, for safety. This would not be lit up by the lights, themselves. The bulbs themselves would -hopefully- be those nice JDM Astar lights, but I've yet to find a red-yellow/amber and red-white switchback bulb by them.

In any case, if I could find them, both bulbs would be the full barrel LED with projector tip style, in either a silver or black casing.

Basically, those would be my dream tails. And, if a bulb went out, it'd be a lot easier to replace -as far as I can tell-than one of these LED array type lights.

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Yeah, most LED tails are setup 'normally'. IE, top section, bottom section, reverse section. Both main sections are red only, with one running as the running lights and turns, while the other is exclusively brake lights. And, of course, the reverse section is white only running as reverse lights.

What I want is a two section light only with two switchback bulbs. One red/white, the other red/amber. The latter on top, and the former on the bottom. Both run in red as the running lights and brake lights, but the tops go "off-amber-off-amber" for the turn signals, then switch back to normal function when the turn signal ends. And the bottom set will change from red to white when reverse is engaged, and lock out the red function, but, of course, you'll then have the tops as reds for running and brake lights.

Also, the housing will have black interiors and clear lenses for aesthetics. It would also likely have a red reflector rim all the way around it and splitting the two sections, for safety. This would not be lit up by the lights, themselves. The bulbs themselves would -hopefully- be those nice JDM Astar lights, but I've yet to find a red-yellow/amber and red-white switchback bulb by them.

In any case, if I could find them, both bulbs would be the full barrel LED with projector tip style, in either a silver or black casing.

Basically, those would be my dream tails. And, if a bulb went out, it'd be a lot easier to replace -as far as I can tell-than one of these LED array type lights.
Yeah the led array seems a bit daunting to replace lights cause they are most likely soldered in.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Yeah the led array seems a bit daunting to replace lights cause they are most likely soldered in.

Yeah. Hence my description of the perfect tails. Really for any car. 2 bulbs, 4 functions. Each bulb serves 2 identical primary functions, and 1 different secondary function.

Simplicity, reliability, robustness, perfection.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

those do not exist, you would have to make your own, i did it once but it wasnt really worth it

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
those do not exist, you would have to make your own, i did it once but it wasnt really worth it
Lemme guess. Multiple lights Frankensteined together? And to get the functionality I want, I'd have to make my own circuit board, right? And probably custom order the bulbs or ask the company to start making them?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Lemme guess. Multiple lights Frankensteined together? And to get the functionality I want, I'd have to make my own circuit board, right? And probably custom order the bulbs or ask the company to start making them?

Frankensteined together yes. you would have to find special bulbs that would do what you want that work with the horrible design and functionality of the circut boards on the 02-06 ram tail lights or you would have to modify the lights to use a different bulbs socket, and as far as getting a company to produce you a special bulb, well good luck on that, but they do sell a re/amber switchback

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Frankensteined together yes. you would have to find special bulbs that would do what you want that work with the horrible design and functionality of the circut boards on the 02-06 ram tail lights or you would have to modify the lights to use a different bulbs socket, and as far as getting a company to produce you a special bulb, well good luck on that, but they do sell a re/amber switchback
I couldn't find it. Hmmm. Okay, thanks.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
The only thing I haven’t ordered new exterior lighting wise is fog lights, may have to change that... any suggestions?

well if you want to go for looks get the LED ones that i have, otherwise just go with some OEM style ones

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The only thing I haven’t ordered new exterior lighting wise is fog lights, may have to change that... any suggestions?

You could also throw in some JDM Astar bulbs. Maybe blues on the fogs, whites in the heads, and yellows for the parking/turns? Hmmm... Perhaps whites for the fogs and blues for the heads?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
You could also throw in some JDM Astar bulbs. Maybe blues on the fogs, whites in the heads, and yellows for the parking/turns? Hmmm... Perhaps whites for the fogs and blues for the heads?

the thing about blue light is the human eye reacts the worst to it of all colors, so adding blue to any lighting on your car will effectively lower your visibility

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Was a very cold night. Called it off early cause it was about 9*F outside and I work in a non heated, non insulated shed with large gaps in the doors lol. I got the D-Rings mounted and I went out this morning and painted them with bedliner but fog lights are going to have to wait another day or so. 04b8fb1017e809a496d791b9c55bae71.jpg1690cff81d0a2e32a863d2471eb11770.jpg

PartTimeHero

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014/ 2004
Engine
Hemi 5.7 x 2
i didnt take pics but my 04 got the whole suspension replaced and upgraded. upper control arms, lower bushings, shocks, more bushings, rack and pinion..oh and i threw on new brakes just because i had it all apart.