What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got quite a bit of work done today! Now I gotta wait on a few parts to show up, but this should almost be done with the rebuild! e55aea5ca6d6328db8ac3b8cc4c48c39.jpg

I Bleed Ram Trucks

I expect to see testing on this before the big purple dissapointment known as ats

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Washed and waxed her last night, only to have my dad mow and grass thrown all over her this morning haha. Also said **** it and bedlined the grille until I get a new one color matched. Shes looking pretty mean if I do say so myself.
bc9928bb2b1b435a630fc0ffe019ffda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks much better, I say keep the lights, the smoke is just enough to make them go with the blue very well IMO, only thing you need to do is get the old girl some new shoes!

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Picking up a new rear axle on Sunday so I can build one up and put it in. Rewired most of my stuff but waiting on a part to finish it up so I can hook everything back up.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Washed and waxed her last night, only to have my dad mow and grass thrown all over her this morning haha. Also said **** it and bedlined the grille until I get a new one color matched. Shes looking pretty mean if I do say so myself.
bc9928bb2b1b435a630fc0ffe019ffda.jpg

looks much better, I say keep the lights, the smoke is just enough to make them go with the blue very well IMO, only thing you need to do is get the old girl some new shoes!

Truck definitely looks good man, grill matches the monster bumper, I’d roll just like that. As demon-hemi said, the lights do blend in very well.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still having issues with mine.

Checked my fuel pressure and it seems to be fine.

I guess I'll move onto injectors next.

A friend stated that maybe it's a bad temp sensor. Said he had that issue in his Toyota where the sensor was bad and was causing it to dump too much fuel.

I'm just really getting frustrated. If I don't figure it out soon I'm going to get rid of her. [emoji852]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I expect to see testing on this before the big purple dissapointment known as ats

I’m working as quick as I can, I’m getting anxious to get it installed. We might be getting knocked back to 40 hours for a few weeks at work so I’ll have some time to get it installed. I’m waiting on some little parts to show up and I just bought the torque convertor last night. But I’m confident it will hold up to some abuse

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Still having issues with mine.

Checked my fuel pressure and it seems to be fine.

I guess I'll move onto injectors next.

A friend stated that maybe it's a bad temp sensor. Said he had that issue in his Toyota where the sensor was bad and was causing it to dump too much fuel.

I'm just really getting frustrated. If I don't figure it out soon I'm going to get rid of her. [emoji852]

The only reason id question that suggestion is that if a sensor is reading wrong the truck will usually throw a CEL for it and call out that particular sensor

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only reason id question that suggestion is that if a sensor is reading wrong the truck will usually throw a CEL for it and call out that particular sensor
And this is what's driving me nuts! NO CODES!

All I've replaced:
Plugs
Coils
Cam sensor
Crank sensor
EGR
O2 sensors
MAP
TPS
IAT

I'm at a loss.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
And this is what's driving me nuts! NO CODES!

All I've replaced:
Plugs
Coils
Cam sensor
Crank sensor
EGR
O2 sensors
MAP
TPS
IAT

I'm at a loss.

literally jsut sent you a PM about this lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i keep wanting to say head gasket but if it was a head gasket issue and it was causing you to have any kind of misfire the truck would be telling you about that, ive been down that road already, so im going to just assume the head gasket is good, so you have obviously changed all your sensors, i would for sure pull the fuel rail and do a injector test for a sticking injector, but also a quick look at the tailpipe will tell you if the truck is running rich, if an injector was stuck open then you would have a misfire only at low RPMs or idle, if it was leaning out then you would have the misfire at higher RPMS.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
the part i have an issue with is that its not one cylinder misfiring, if it was id think the truck would have already told you about it, so IMO its not going to be an injector, it will be one of 2 things based on what i know about your truck so far...

1. the fuel rail/regulator not working properly
2. trash in your fuel tank

now number 2 im dealing with now, i have something in my tank that gives me an issue right after i get gas, alot of times when i get gas the truck will seem to misfire for a bit and occasionally it will stall when i take my foot off the gas, mine is tolerable only because after about mins after getting gas my problem goes away, you could have gotten some really bad contaminate in your tank hats plugging up the sock filter on your pump

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Here's a pic of the "parking brake chowda" I dealt with yesterday. And I'm think they were free floating for awhile cause there's no life in the shoe left. The pass side, still intact had plenty of life. Again, I never use parking brake. But I figured you'd like this pic, as this fell to ground when I pulled rotor off. fe07380f17a349eaaa6c44064ff8ba4b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Here's a pic of the "parking brake chowda" I dealt with yesterday. And I'm think they were free floating for awhile cause there's no life in the shoe left. The pass side, still intact had plenty of life. Again, I never use parking brake. But I figured you'd like this pic, as this fell to ground when I pulled rotor off. fe07380f17a349eaaa6c44064ff8ba4b.jpg

down here in tx your vehicle wont pass inspection without it

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
down here in tx your vehicle wont pass inspection without it
Won't pass in New Hampshire either, except. I have a guy that is lenient. And he knows I've been all over my truck. And if he notices & tells me to fix it then I'll fix it. He makes me keep up with any rust like on my nasty rear quarters, but that would be to easy for a kid in a parking lot to get cut. But I think it'll slide

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine

That’s exactly what mine looked like two months ago. Did the same thing. The only thing inspection does here is hook up to your obd, that’s it.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Inspection? What is this communist thing you speak of? [emoji631]

I grew up in NJ and it's horrible. Same when I was stationed in Hawaii. Luckily I'm moving to the free state of TN.

It used to be tough but it’s changed in the last two or three years, now they just check emissions. Couple years ago they sat in your car and applied parking brake and put it in drive to make sure it would hold, they would drive the vehicle across a grid to check your main brakes individually etc, etc, but not anymore.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Won't pass in New Hampshire either, except. I have a guy that is lenient. And he knows I've been all over my truck. And if he notices & tells me to fix it then I'll fix it. He makes me keep up with any rust like on my nasty rear quarters, but that would be to easy for a kid in a parking lot to get cut. But I think it'll slide

if I could fail an inspection for rusty quarters then id be moving, rust on the cosmetic parts of the vehicles is no concern for the safety of my truck going down the road, and as far as a kid getting cut on my truck, well, he shouldn't be touching my truck

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
It used to be tough but it’s changed in the last two or three years, now they just check emissions. Couple years ago they sat in your car and applied parking brake and put it in drive to make sure it would hold, they would drive the vehicle across a grid to check your main brakes individually etc, etc, but not anymore.

some places do that here, my guy knows me and pretty much checks my emissions and lets me go, the parking brake check like that works on a automatic, but in a really low geared truck like mine, it wouldn't matter how tight you make the brake, you put my truck in first and try to move forward, its going to go and its just going to snap whatever is holding it

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the part i have an issue with is that its not one cylinder misfiring, if it was id think the truck would have already told you about it, so IMO its not going to be an injector, it will be one of 2 things based on what i know about your truck so far...

1. the fuel rail/regulator not working properly
2. trash in your fuel tank

now number 2 im dealing with now, i have something in my tank that gives me an issue right after i get gas, alot of times when i get gas the truck will seem to misfire for a bit and occasionally it will stall when i take my foot off the gas, mine is tolerable only because after about mins after getting gas my problem goes away, you could have gotten some really bad contaminate in your tank hats plugging up the sock filter on your pump
Checked fuel pressure again and it was within spec. Didn't budge even when the motor would misfire.

Also, sent you a PM. [emoji6]
ebc782a4081b7930e56a137ffda67b67.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca