What does this pink wire connect to?

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Jim G, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Jim G

Jim G Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hey folks. Looking for some help. I have been enlisted to help my sons girlfriend get her 83' truck running. It has a v-8 with what I think is a 360. There is a pink wire coming out of the wiring loom on the drivers side near the firewall and not connected to anything. The wire is about 18-24 inches in length and has about 1/2" of exposed copper sticking out of the end. When we connect this wire to 12v you can hear the distributor clicking and the truck will start and run. I know this wire should be connected to a switched power source but for the life of me I can't figure out what it should be tied into. Can someone please tell me what to connect this thing to. Better yet if you have a pic that shows how and where it ties into that would be great. Thanks

2. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    sounds like it might be the wire that is suppose to plug into the ballast resister. without it connected the coil gets no power
    [​IMG]

3. cgeorgemo

cgeorgemo Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    If its like my old Dart there was a white resistor on the firewall that I used to jump with a screwdriver because it went bad.