what kind of lift is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hades300zdrivesaram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Either of those will work, you dont need the extended studs, that was just one I knew of off the top of my head
Glad you shopped around some

OP
OP
hades300zdrivesaram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bad pinion angle on front, dont use 4wd right now. To cure that angle you will need an indexing/clocking ring for the t-case. No doubt it binds when you engage it. You can also remove those coil spacers and probably cure the problem.

Looks like an alright kit, I see 5" springs in the front, and 2" coil spacers. Not really a problem, but it isnt recommended to stack lift springs and spacers. Most get away no problems though. Short control arms should not be on a lift that big IMO, id look into a long arm set up. Got any shots of the rear? Need to see pinion angle on rear diff, as well as if its lifted with blocks or leaf springs before I recommend anything else.

Nice truck congratz on your purchase.

Took the truck to a off road shop and he said The pinion angle
Isn't bad but the cv bearing is extremely worn out and the slop in the bearing has the shaft pinching. So I decided to have then rebuild the front drive shaft. Now I might like the idea of a long arm set up, I may go that route if I can use what I have and just buy the longer arms. All I can find so far see complete kits that have a bunch of things I don't need.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Took the truck to a off road shop and he said The pinion angle
Isn't bad but the cv bearing is extremely worn out and the slop in the bearing has the shaft pinching. So I decided to have then rebuild the front drive shaft. Now I might like the idea of a long arm set up, I may go that route if I can use what I have and just buy the longer arms. All I can find so far see complete kits that have a bunch of things I don't need.

You don't "need" a long arm setup with a 5" lift, it will handle better but isn't really necessary. But if you're interested in it I would contact Fabtech, BDS, etc (Companies that make long arms for our trucks) and see if they'll let you buy them separate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca