04 1500 quad cab rear speakers wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jholaway1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently bought a 2004 1500 quad cab with a 4.7 and I am having problems getting the rear door speakers to work.

I originally thought that the old aftermarket stereo rear speaker wire was wired wrong or not wired at all, so I pulled out the old unit and replaced it with a new stereo and double check the connection of the wires.

I also pulled the rear door panels and pulled the speakers to do a visual check of the wiring and condition of the speaker and everything looked good, just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I know this is late, but have you checked the wiring between the door and body in that rubber boot? Its a common breaking/pinch point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 04 drivers door speaker quit working. if i tear into it, im fixing everything.

OP
OP
jholaway1971

jholaway1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is late, but have you checked the wiring between the door and body in that rubber boot? Its a common breaking/pinch point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip,
As of now I haven't had the chance to check it out, however this weekend might be a perfect time to hunt down the original wires for a short or just run new wires might be easier

madrex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 quad cab
Engine
I have the same issue with the driver's side rear speaker on my 08 quad. Please post if you confirm it's the rubbing issue. Either way I'm guessing you would have to run new wire which looks like a PITA.

Is it possible to replace the wire in the connector at the back of the stereo? Or would you just splice somewhere under dash?

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If you slice open the rubber boot that goes between the door and the B pillar you can pretty much be certain you will find broken wires. I just did this on my 05. Left side nothing worked so I just replaced the door harness. It just plugs in at the B pillar. On the passenger side I only had one wire broken so I soldered and taped, I had 4 others that had broken insulation but wires intact so I just taped those, folded the boot back in place and taped it closed. I'll replace it in spring with a new harness. Speakers worked fine after that.