08 SXT Alarm problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tucansam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 SXT
Engine
4.7L
My wife bought this truck new in 07, I met her in 09, and the truck has been doing the following since Day 1 of meeting her:

- When the engine is running, closing all four doors without a window down is a disaster because 9/10 times the truck will lock itself. Sometimes within 5 seconds. Sometimes within 30. Once in a while not at all. But only when the engine is running.

- Sometimes when shutting off the engine, the horn blows once. But only sometimes.

- Sometimes it unlocks all four doors when I turn off the engine. But only sometimes.

- The red LED located below the steering wheel flashes 24/7/365, regardless of whether I am driving or not, or if the alarm is armed or not, if the truck is off or not, etc. Always blinking.

She had never had a factory alarm before and says it worked fine when she first got it. But who knows?

Any ideas?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Where is this red LED below the steering wheel? The only red light these trucks have from the factory is for the security system, but thats located within the cluster. If you have one below the steering wheel there might be some sort of aftermarket security module installed causing the issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk