10" Sub Box for a '14 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, I have a pair of Rockford fosgate punch P3D2-10, I have a 2014 crew cab. What is the best box out there to get the best "boom" for my buck ? I have been looking at the Netaudio box and spacers for the rear seat, I'm just having a hard time with $600 bill....any ideas ? What are you guys using ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Solej

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Fox acoustic I have one in my truck

How are you liking the fox acoustics box? Everything you expected? Getting low lows? Punchy?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
be aware fox box runs on the small side for air space. make sure your sub can handle the size of box. for most subs unless they are the shallow mount fox are too small.

OP
OP
Solej

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
be aware fox box runs on the small side for air space. make sure your sub can handle the size of box. for most subs unless they are the shallow mount fox are too small.

Thank you, the Fosgate's I have need depth, and air space

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with a NetAudio box (single JL12w6v3) and it's a great unit. Very well constructed and it sounds phenomenal. As with many things, you get what you pay for. To me it was worth the extra above a Fox box or similar.

Edit: fixed the sub model.

scotts2012ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fox box can fit good size subs I have two sundown e10s they have a big magnet and need depth. I'll be going up to sa10s soon. I love the box

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fox box can fit good size subs I have two sundown e10s they have a big magnet and need depth. I'll be going up to sa10s soon. I love the box

physically fitting and airspace are two different things..

the sundowns only need about .3 cubic ft bx sealed and .5 ported so that is why they sound good in them

OP
OP
Solej

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
physically fitting and airspace are two different things..

the sundowns only need about .3 cubic ft bx sealed and .5 ported so that is why they sound good in them

The Rockford fosgates I'm dealing with are spec'd at a mounting depth of 6.18 inches, but there is a rubber boot on the magnet that takes it deeper than that. It also is spec'd at .59 cu. ft. Sealed and 1.40 cu. ft. Ported with a 4 inch port set at 14 inches long. I've been leaning towards sealed for the hardest and lowest bass, just not as loud as the ported.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Do you hear any port noise or did you get the sealed box?

scotts2012ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have port noise unless I have the seat up then theres very light. Baum your way off on your specs you most be looking at the sd line. The sa and e lines in 10s are right on spec after woofer displacement.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have port noise unless I have the seat up then theres very light. Baum your way off on your specs you most be looking at the sd line. The sa and e lines in 10s are right on spec after woofer displacement.

oh well im not a sundown fan, i just googled the number posted above and went to what ever page came up