12” screen install mess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2500project

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’m installing a 12” out of a wrecked truck and have two issues that are actually fighting against themselves
(1) I have a locked screen that shows up occasionally in grayscale, it will not allow you to put in the unlock code
(2) after a few minutes, that’s screen goes away and then I get a sos call error that I cant x out because the screen is locked

things that I have tried so far listed below
holding the volume button and power button at the same time to reset
Holding the hot and cold temperature buttons to reset
Holding the power button down for 30 seconds to reset
Disconnecting the battery for the truck for two hours
Disconnecting the battery to the truck and touching the positive and negative cables together
Letting the truck sit overnight to reset

is there possibly a way to clear this screen with alpha OBD? Any help would be appreciatedIMG_3074.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’m installing a 12” out of a wrecked truck and have two issues that are actually fighting against themselves
(1) I have a locked screen that shows up occasionally in grayscale, it will not allow you to put in the unlock code
(2) after a few minutes, that’s screen goes away and then I get a sos call error that I cant x out because the screen is locked

things that I have tried so far listed below
holding the volume button and power button at the same time to reset
Holding the hot and cold temperature buttons to reset
Holding the power button down for 30 seconds to reset
Disconnecting the battery for the truck for two hours
Disconnecting the battery to the truck and touching the positive and negative cables together
Letting the truck sit overnight to reset

is there possibly a way to clear this screen with alpha OBD? Any help would be appreciatedView attachment 525531
I don't know of a way personally, but you can connect to the radio via Alfaobd and change settings.