Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12.3 Navi CRASHED with Dealer update

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Salty1945, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Salty1945

Salty1945 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Took the 19 Limited in on May 18th to have the Navi fixed as it had me out in the ocean. They said it need a software update and it would take 2 hours. Well here I am 3 weeks later with no truck and they have no radios anywhere with no ETA on when they will get them. Gone up through U-Connect and to Chrysler no reasonable answer, Just no truck and no timeframe for repair. They told me that the radio flash is crashing some radios. Anyone else had the problem?

2. 300MAG

300MAG Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    First I heard of full brick on recent update but I have heard of update bricking siriusxm and require new radio module to repair. They seem to run a 2-3 weeks to come in so hopefully they have you up and running soon.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

3. Salty1945

Salty1945 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    NO radio yet and they are saying August, The truck has been at the dealer going on 5 weeks. Not Happy!!

4. RamCares

RamCares Senior Member

Ram Year:
    n/a
    Engine:
    n/a
    Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Do you currently have a case open for this concern?

Alison
    RamCares

5. Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    The update was ran on my 2020 Limited around May 1. Sirius has not loaded and worked since. I contacted both Uconnect and Sirus mule times, they would send a new signal. but nope, nothing ever worked after the so called update. The radio functioned just fine before the software update. Dealer tried to no avail to fix it. They opened a new case and new radio was ordered. Here we are 7 or so weeks later, still the same issues. Every time I start the truck, Sirius try to load, but never gets past the Sirius is loading.....Not sure why you left your truck there, but I feel your pain. I talked with service today, he claimed it was a covid19 issue, as far as to the replacement radio, dealers stayed open, used parts, no new ones were manufactured, so manufacturer is playing catch up. Certainly, I will not be looking to update software in the future....

6. Bryce Greene

Bryce Greene Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8
    I have this same issue with my 2020 Ram 1500. Frisco Dodge (TX), the dealer that did the update, is now unresponsive to my requests for help. CDJ of McKinney, picked up the ball and determined that the unit needs to be replaced. They will have my truck, with less than 7500 miles, for at least a week. The technician has to open a "star case" with Chrysler, go back and forth multiple times with info and answering questions before the manufacturer will agree to replace the defective UConnect system. It is an extraordinary inconvenience for customers when they could do a better job with their software in the first place, and take the customer and dealers word when we say there'a a problem.

7. Graygoose

Graygoose Diplorable Crumb Collector Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram Classic
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    is this all the 8.4, or 12" screen?

8. Bryce Greene

Bryce Greene Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8
    Mine was the 12"

Graygoose likes this.
  9. RamCares

RamCares Senior Member

Ram Year:
    n/a
    Engine:
    n/a

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
    RamCares

10. Brownbelfry

Brownbelfry Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    the software update ran on my truck around may 1, went into dealer for fix, still, here on July 2, I am waiting for a new radio. good luck with yours, don't plan on taking a date to the prom with a working connect. :-(