12 Seconds 5.7 na 4x4 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How many of you guys have made it into the 12s What mods?

Depends alot on where your track is,what it's base elevation is,and what the DA is on the day you run it.12's at sealevel are easy,12's at 3500+ ft aren't as easy,lol. A bolt-on 4X4 will go 12's at sealevel pretty easily. My 4X4 runs 13.2's at 4,000ft off the bottle ,on a 75 shot it'll run low 12's at the same DA.Mines a full bolt on 8 speed 4X4 with a cam on Mickey Thompson 305/17 drag radials

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always get a kick on folks who Mod up and run their trucks. Not something I would do, BUT each to their own. I think my stock 5.7 will do 14's, 16's, 20's, heck who knows, hee hee. U all be safe and enjoy modding yer rides................2019 truck new pic.JPG

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are 2 different lists that have the fastest Rams listed. One list is on Moe's Performance FB page and the other list is on High Performance Rams FB page.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I always get a kick on folks who Mod up and run their trucks. Not something I would do, BUT each to their own. I think my stock 5.7 will do 14's, hee hee. U all be safe and enjoy modding yer rides................View attachment 220769

A quick truck that looks stock,will garner more attention at your local drag strip then a car will. My truck gets more attention at the local track then the Hellcats do,lol.Wife races the 1320 Challenger that's sitting ahead of my truck,and has more dragstrip passes under her belt then most guys do,lol

DSCN4941 (2).JPG

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rick----how many passes in the truck does she have---:D
Jay
About a dozen Jay,then she went and bought her old 16 5.7 Challenger,it turned out not being fast enough for her,so she bought the 1320,damn car is totally stock and beats my truck,not liking that much,lol. Car has went 11.90's a couple times now,at 3850 ft DA,which corrects to low 11.40's at 120 mph. For a stock 6.4,the car is way quicker then i thought it'd be,lol.Just ordered in another PCM for the car this morning,as i'm guessing by this time next year,she'll want it tuned,aarrgghh,lol.I still think her old B5 shaker hood car was prettier,i'm not a fan of purple cars,but her new one is quick enough,it's starting to grow on me,lol

IMG_3319 (2).JPG

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I always get a kick on folks who Mod up and run their trucks. Not something I would do, BUT each to their own. I think my stock 5.7 will do 14's, hee hee. U all be safe and enjoy modding yer rides................View attachment 220769

Don’t see a lot of 4 door all-season daily drivers that can haul 10k pounds, run 12s, and still flirt with 20mpg on the highway while impressing on the skid pad.

Anyone can buy a single purpose vehicle or putz(you run 16s) around in their $40k-60k Fiat European front end pickup that I see 50 of on the road every day.

No offense, just my opinion.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's just the look on someone's face after your 6000# brick blew there "hot rod" away. Now that trucks are starting to be quicker and quicker "car guys" aren't as surprised anymore though. It's still fun
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It's just the look on someone's face after your 6000# brick blew there "hot rod" away. Now that trucks are starting to be quicker and quicker "car guys" aren't as surprised anymore though. It's still fun
Jay

I agree Jay,lol. The turbo LS guys are definitely leading the way,but the hemi and ford guys are starting to catch up,lol

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Don’t see a lot of 4 door all-season daily drivers that can haul 10k pounds, run 12s, and still flirt with 20mpg on the highway while impressing on the skid pad.

Anyone can buy a single purpose vehicle or putz(you run 16s) around in their $40k-60k Fiat European front end pickup that I see 50 of on the road every day.

No offense, just my opinion.

Amen. And haul tools, rock, coolers on a good day, furniture, haul hay, go off-road, and be comfortable and fun.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Numerous 13.0's but never in 12.90's Front seat and console will be removed next time at the strip.

I'm guessing you're already pulling the spare tire and tailgate,and making sure the truck is clean of any unnecessary weight.You can also give it a fresh coat of wax or polish.A clean freshly waxed/polished truck is easier to push through the air.Pull the front swaybar if you haven't already,and make sure you have a 1/4 tank or less of fuel in the truck the next time you hit the strip.If you're on street tires and launching in 4wheel,and you don't have wheel spin issues start airing your tires up,not down,till you start having traction issues.If you can scrounge up a set of lighter weight rims and tires they wouldn't hurt,the earlier aluminium 17's are a popular choice if you can find a cheap set,even better are the real early SST aluminium rims,or you can go to a drag radial mounted on a set of lighter 17" rims.Mickey Thompson builds a fairly light 17" rim,that's affordable Scroll down to the 17's,you want the 5X5 bolt pattern versions.

https://mickeythompsontires.com/wheels/classic-iii-black

https://mickeythompsontires.com/wheels/classic-iii

https://mickeythompsontires.com/drag-tires/et-street-r

https://mickeythompsontires.com/drag-tires/et-street-s-s

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Front sway bar is still on for now. Have 17'' Racestars with drag radials waxing sounds like a good idea thanks.

Air the front tires up to 65psi for the track if you're running DR's on the back,no they won't blow up,lol. If you're really ambitious it doesn't take much work to remove the rear hitch and bumper,and that'll get rid of another roughly 50/55 lbs. Old school rule is every 100lbs = a tenth,lol.Pulling the seat/console and rear bumper will take out about another 120lbs,which should give you enough to crack the 12's if you're running 13.0's now. DA makes a big differance to,my estimating on my truck is for every roughly 1300ft differance in DA usually equals about a tenth,not sure what track you're at,but pay attention to it's DA.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^ All good advice from someone that's been down the track a time or two----or a hundred or??????? LOL Canadian record holder also!!!!!!
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
^^^^ All good advice from someone that's been down the track a time or two----or a hundred or??????? LOL Canadian record holder also!!!!!!
Jay

LOL thanks Jay,but not anymore,there's 2 trucks out of Saskatchewan ahead of mine these days.One is a legit R/T with a huge TSP cam/ 4,000 convertor and on a 125 shot,the other one has a huge custom nitrous cam and is on a 250 shot,both trucks are well into the 11's up here,while mine is still only in the 12.0's range,lol.Been playing with the wifes new 1320 Challenger more this year then the truck,lol