12 Uconnect & remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the HVAC supposed to work with a remote start? I leave my HVAC on defrost so in the morning I can remote start the truck to warm it up and defrost the windows only it doesnt seem to be working with my 21 BTS. My 11 Bighorn didnt have a problem but it also didnt have the uconnect system. The defrost in my 21 BTS doesnt work until I hit the start button then the fan will start blowing. Am I doing something wrong? If this function doesnt work it defeats the purpose of remote start. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Pretty sure this is covered in the owner's manual. All I know for sure is the seat and steering wheel heat are temperature based. Around 40 degrees ambient outside temp and both seat and steering wheel heat will be on when you remote start, driver seat only. Conversely, at around 80 degrees the driver's seat ventilation will be on. Not sure about the defrost because I park in a garage.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't have an 2018 or newer Ram

My last 2 Rams, i have just preset my Climate Control before shutting it down for an extended period of time

I have noticed after i use the FOB to Start & after i grab my coffee & everything, i walk to the truck & unlock the doors.
When i open the doors the Fan is always running on the High setting & the air rushes out the door.
I don't have heated seats, i live in San Diego after all

I have never thought to try closing the Circulation Door before leaving it parked
I think it opens when the ignition is shut off