$1300+ for 2 shocks worth it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got the Thuren Kings custom tuned to his Stage 3 off road tune. They are incredible. My drive way is 2.5 miles of dirt wash boards, potholes, and rocks. When I get to 35 mph it just floats over them. Washboards are a complete nonfactor you can hear the noise of going over them but no input into the cab or steering wheel, and they keep the wheels on the ground so steering stays tight. If you've done any dirt road driving at speed you know that bad feeling when you break loose and start to skate. That just doesn't happen any more.

In the back its just the same valving on a piggyback shock instead of the remote mounted external res. Shoot me a pm if you have any other questions so I don't bore people off of your thread!

Yes! Finally someone has them! I've never heard of Thuren. I just checked out their website, I like how they offer different valving. I've got the Rancho quicklift shocks on my 2012 1500 4x4 and have them set at the stiffest setting and would like more haha! I woulda like a little more lift out of them too. I forget how much I got out of them.
Can you throw up a couple pics of your truck? How much lift do you have yours set at?
I've got 285/75/17 Nitto G2 tires on the Method Mesh wheels. I should probably throw up a pic of my truck one of these days.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I have an EcoDiesel which makes the front a little heavier than normal. Right out of the box the coilovers lifted the front about 1 inch for me which is what is shown below. Typically the goal is 2 inches of lift to leave a 3/4 inch rake. Looking at some of the pics I've taken it looks like I have a little over an inch left that I can tighten down the collar so I can go up a little more. I will probably leave it as is for now until I get my hidden winch plate fabbed up and installed then I'll do a final adjustment when I'm not going to add any more weight. I'm running the same size wheel/tire combo as you too.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 37

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Fox Performance 2.0 reservoir setup on all four corners. Tuned/valved by the guys over at Carli suspension. Absolutely amazing the ride quality on road over bumps, expansion joint, raised railroad tracks etc

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk