14 express premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So bought a 16 Sport Cluster on eBay, everything works minus the fuel gauge, seller must run a wrecking yard or something claims it all worked in the truck they had, he said something about taking it to the dealer to have a relearn done on the bcm, anyone else had this issue with the cluster swap. My truck is a 15 and I tried a 16 cluster in it a while back but it only had like 30 miles on it and I found this one with about 800 miles more than my truck. The other one I used to have all worked properly.
Nope, I haven't heard that one yet. Got any friends with RAMS to try it on? It's possible that the sender unit is speaking a different language on the 2016s vs the 2015s similar to the TPMS not reading properly.

One thing I will say, the dealer probably won't help you.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surprisingly enough I called the dealer I bought my truck from and they will flash it for me and I was gonna get some sales codes added anyways for some upgrades I've done. $150 but hope it all works after that....

Last edited:

Saseacasea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow, that is a steal! Those are selling for 400 plus bucks. Did you need to have Mileage adjusted?

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think he is saying that the flashing from the dealer is going to cost him $150, not the price of the cluster. Hopefully it works after that. I'm a little concerned about needing a flash though....I guess not fully plug-and-play!!

I guess I should be looking for a 2016 premium cluster then just to be sure

Ramtech2319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello new here but upgraded my cluster today and all worked but oil pressure gauge! I am a Chrysler tech so easy for me to Diag did a cluster self test and I saw the gauge twitching so I know was a cluster issue because the digital portion was telling me 50 psi. I called the place I bought from off eBay and they said they would take it back but they didn't have another 1 so I asked them to refund me 100 dollars and I'll just keep it and they did! So ram 7 inch cluster cost 200.00 total! I took the cluster apart plugged back in and moved the gauge with my finger and started working so I think the gauge is just getting stuck

Ramtech2319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would post photo but don't know how from my iphone

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello new here but upgraded my cluster today and all worked but oil pressure gauge! I am a Chrysler tech so easy for me to Diag did a cluster self test and I saw the gauge twitching so I know was a cluster issue because the digital portion was telling me 50 psi. I called the place I bought from off eBay and they said they would take it back but they didn't have another 1 so I asked them to refund me 100 dollars and I'll just keep it and they did! So ram 7 inch cluster cost 200.00 total! I took the cluster apart plugged back in and moved the gauge with my finger and started working so I think the gauge is just getting stuck

That kind of makes me wonder if that's what is wrong with mine because when I plugged it in the gauge barely twitched but the miles to empty says what my other cluster did

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think he is saying that the flashing from the dealer is going to cost him $150, not the price of the cluster. Hopefully it works after that. I'm a little concerned about needing a flash though....I guess not fully plug-and-play!!

I guess I should be looking for a 2016 premium cluster then just to be sure

That's correct $150 to flash for my truck I need some other sales codes added anyways but I'm definitely gonna try what ramtech did his issue is real similar to mine. Hoping to not have a $375 brick although the place I bought it from did say even after the flash If it didn't work they would still take it back

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Sounds safe enough, so long as you didn't send the money and instead he requested the money. That's the only way PayPal will protect the transaction.

Well got it & installed it today. Works great except the speedometer is in Kilometers! Strangely the add is no longer here either? I did get it as a bill from the guy through PayPal. Sent Cesar592 a text asking about the kilometers & that isn't going to work for me. Waiting to hear back from him now. ARGH

I do love the upgrade. Simple easy swap & so much nicer than the basic stock cluster. I just need with with a MPH speedo

Attachments

• 20161130_160122_resized.jpg
    20161130_160122_resized.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 78

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Well got it & installed it today. Works great except the speedometer is in Kilometers! Strangely the add is no longer here either? I did get it as a bill from the guy through PayPal. Sent Cesar592 a text asking about the kilometers & that isn't going to work for me. Waiting to hear back from him now. ARGH

I do love the upgrade. Simple easy swap & so much nicer than the basic stock cluster. I just need with with a MPH speedo
You guys should talk.
http://www.ramforum.com/f22/2013_km_h_premium_speedometer_instrument_cluster_gas_engines-94183/

Interesting you got a metric cluster you do not want, and someone posted in the want adds looking for a metric cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Good at lest you are protected that way. He just posted a radio for sake in another thread so maybe use the forum PM to contact him too.

His total post count is 3 now...

Also, check out cptwing's post (above). Someone's looking for one in the wanted section.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone verify for me that P/N 68242850AD is a 7" premium and would work in a 2016 1500 3.6l? In my searches I cannot seem to find an actual picture or description of the cluster

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
He have the diesel one (DEF) from what I can see in the picture

Yes I have the Eco Diesel. I have heard from him. He says you can get the Speedo changed to MPH at the dealer. They just change the decal. I have seen that with older gauges. Not sure if that would be financially sound idea even if they can do it. I would be willing to bet it would be spendy. Not throwing him under the bus. We are discussing options

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes I have the Eco Diesel. I have heard from him. He says you can get the Speedo changed to MPH at the dealer. They just change the decal. I have seen that with older gauges. Not sure if that would be financially sound idea even if they can do it. I would be willing to bet it would be spendy. Not throwing him under the bus. We are discussing options
That is incorrect.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your are in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) Rodway Auto Parts have one in KM/H (Gas engine with 34062km on it) for 300 Canadian Pesos. They wont ship.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
FYI
I'm still looking for a 2013 6.7 7" cluster and then I'll have a 2014 7" cluster for sale :favorites13:

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is anyone using the premium clusters from 2014+ in a 2016? Are there possible issues with TPMS not reading if using an older cluster (say 2014)?

I'd like to do this change, but am uncertain if I should keep my search to the year of my vehicle (2016) or broaden it out to 2014/15 clusters also

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 16 that I purchased, that I'm very egerly waiting for the miles to match up. I have a 16 Express. ..I did plug it in and drive it around the block, just to make sure everything worked..and it did.... not sure if that helps or hurts some of you guys... wish you luck!

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was the donor vehicle an express also, or was it some other trim level?

I can find more 2014 clusters that 2016, and they appear to be a little cheaper also