1500 Classic Interior Trim Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arusscu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello:

I bought a 2021 1500 Classic and am having a hard time figuring out the interior trim code (my interior is black). The sticker on the driver door does not list an interior trim code like it appears to on the older 4th gen models. It looks like "X9" is the trim code for black on the older 4th gen models. I saw a post on the 5th gen forums that says that "X7" is the trim code for black on 5th gen models. I also noticed that the title for the 4th gen glove box kit on allmoparparts.com is "Genuine Mopar Glove Box Kit Black X9," but the part number for the door has "X7" in it: "7KS98TX7AA."

So, all that to say, are "X7" and "X9" the same color? Did they use "X9" for "black" on older 4th gen models, and now they use "X7?" Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere (I could not find it), but it is driving me crazy. I'm wanting to upgrade some interior parts, and I imagine some will come from older 4th gens and others will come from 4th gens with the "Classic" label, and I want to make sure they are all the same color.

Thanks in advance for any help!

GNiK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
Also trying to figure this out, my Ram 1500 Classic's center console trim is a textured gray but I don't know the color code, or really if there is a way I can recreate that texture on the new center console I put in (it has a gloss finish like the older rams before the classic series)