1500 Limited Ventilated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most of the time when I start my truck, the drivers side seat will have the fan turned on the low speed. It doesn't matter where the setting was when I turned the truck off, and it only happens on the drivers side. Has anyone else noticed this? Its just a small annoyance, probably will become more annoying when it turns colder outside.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Although I haven’t figured out how to get the fan to automatically go on high (I am in Arizona) it should be based on the outside temp. So there is a range where nothing will turn on and as it gets colder the seat warmer should turn on. There are some settings where it’s somewhat adjustable. Look for climate settings on Autostart or something like that. Can’t remember off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With remote start it will be on full blast, when you start the truck it should default to low.

Railman17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a setting on your touch screen in options so you can turn off the auto ventilated scenario. I've tried to get the passenger side to come on automatically on start up, it won't do it.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Heated/ventilated seats come on at a certain temp... they can also be programmed in to seat memory (if you have that functionality) but only on the driver's side.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It must work the same as heated seats, up here mine comes on below -4c when auto starting.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
page 576
NOTE:
When the “Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel With Vehicle Start” feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures are above 80° F (26.7° C) the driver vented seat will turn on.

OP
OP
R

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, that explains it. I live in Florida, so even in the winter months we'll have days above 80 degrees.