1500 tow hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
I’m looking at some tow hooks to install on my 2017 big horn 1500. I don’t see anything but the hooks pictured, do I need some kind of bracket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's all you need and it takes about 45 minutes to install them. I did it on my Laramie - very easy!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I never did it so hope this helps. I found these on You Tube but should give you a idea about install

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never did it so hope this helps. I found these on You Tube but should give you a idea about install

Wow that sport install looks terrible and the brackets he made are not slotted which negates the oems safety design that allows them to separate from the frame during a frontal impact

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Wow that sport install looks terrible and the brackets he made are not slotted which negates the oems safety design that allows them to separate from the frame during a frontal impact
Good catch thanks for the update ! I would never have know about that,if I did I would not have posted the link ! :O Glad you gear heads catch things like that Thanks

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now I know this has been a dead horse topic forever but I’m gonna ask anyways (sorry). The kit above has everything that you need to do this to an Express/Sport or am I missing something? I remember a different thread where everyone was talking about s bracket needing to be dabbed and I even had someone on here offer to sell me a set they fabricated.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now I know this has been a dead horse topic forever but I’m gonna ask anyways (sorry). The kit above has everything that you need to do this to an Express/Sport or am I missing something? I remember a different thread where everyone was talking about s bracket needing to be dabbed and I even had someone on here offer to sell me a set they fabricated.

No bracket needed when installing on my express
5bdff2044acc814fdfa978a2f1bfa9e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

You don’t NEED the brackets for Express/Sports. BUT the brackets will center the hooks in the larger part of black plastic valance. If you use the oem brackets you can still install the hooks but they will sit almost on top of the painted plastic and it centered in the larger part of the black plastic. The idea behind the custom made brackets is to center the hook up/down and left/right.

barryjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT
Does anybody know where I can get a closed loop tow hooks for my 2018 Ram 1500 crew cab Big Horn?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the Rebel tow hooks fit other Rams though? Thinking about changing mine to the rebel style if they would work?

Yes they'll bolt right up, they do stick out about 1" further than the other hooks

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do the Rebel tow hooks fit other Rams though? Thinking about changing mine to the rebel style if they would work?

Good luck finding used ones. I was looking for that style and couldn’t find used any where and new is about twice the regular hooks, at least on eBay.