'17 3500 with TPMS delete...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
Morning everyone. I just bought a '17 3500 that states on the build sheet that it has TPMS delete. Why anyone would do that is beyond me but alas, there it is. It actually has TPMS sensors and you can see all 6 in the EVIC but there is no low tire warning light. Is there some flash or rest that can activate the low tire light in the cluster?

EDIT: After visiting the dealer I find out that vehicles over 10k GVW are not required to have TPMS and Ram deletes it on those trucks. Seems totally weird to me but it is what it is. Dealer is not sure they can flash it to activate the low tire light. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Morning everyone. I just bought a '17 3500 that states on the build sheet that it has TPMS delete. Why anyone would do that is beyond me but alas, there it is. It actually has TPMS sensors and you can see all 6 in the EVIC but there is no low tire warning light. Is there some flash or rest that can activate the low tire light in the cluster?

EDIT: After visiting the dealer I find out that vehicles over 10k GVW are not required to have TPMS and Ram deletes it on those trucks. Seems totally weird to me but it is what it is. Dealer is not sure they can flash it to activate the low tire light. Any help is appreciated!

Hi Terry. Welcome to ram forum, the best ram forum on the internet. I understand your concerns, however...

Instead of seeing this as a negative, be very glad your 3500 doesn't have that ******** tpms.

Ask any 2500 owner how they like theirs as its required on our trucks.

It totally sucks!!! You have to keep the tires inflated way too high for everyday driving or the warning light is constantly on.

Anything below 70 rear and 64 front, the light turns on then to get it out, you have to inflate to 80 in the rear, not just to 70, Or the light will stay on. Highly irritating after a few days.

2500 owners have to buy a program such as alpha obd to lower the tpms thresholds . I now have mine set at 50 front and rear and run about 54 psi front and rear when I'm not hauling heavy. When I do, I air them up.

Otherwise, even with the rear coils the thing rides like a buck board.

But good luck with your quest. I'm sure it can be done.

Last edited:

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would tend to think that if it has sensors and you can see the pressure, you could program the TPMS light to come on. Even though I've always regularly checked tire pressures and can visually see a tire that is really low on pressure, I kind of like having the TPMS as it's a lot easier to look at the dash than to stop, pull out a gauge, and go around to every tire. It's also hard to know you got a nail in the tires and it's causing a slow leak cruising down the highway, and when you do find out the tire may already be ruined. TPMS has also saved me from having to change a tire in the rain and dark along side the freeway....the low pressure light popped on and I saw it was steadily losing air. Fortunately I was close to home to quickly turned around and got back home before it went completely flat. Nice being able to change the tire in the garage with air tools. Even if further from home you could have gotten to a save place to pull over versus alongside the shoulder of a freeway or something. I run the 35's on my PW well below the factory settings which causes the light to always be on but one push of the steering wheel button moves the display off the screen and then it's just a small amber light. I do plan on getting Alpha OBD or similar to reprogram for the lower pressures.

OP
OP
TerryH

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
I would tend to think that if it has sensors and you can see the pressure, you could program the TPMS light to come on. Even though I've always regularly checked tire pressures and can visually see a tire that is really low on pressure, I kind of like having the TPMS as it's a lot easier to look at the dash than to stop, pull out a gauge, and go around to every tire. It's also hard to know you got a nail in the tires and it's causing a slow leak cruising down the highway, and when you do find out the tire may already be ruined. TPMS has also saved me from having to change a tire in the rain and dark along side the freeway....the low pressure light popped on and I saw it was steadily losing air. Fortunately I was close to home to quickly turned around and got back home before it went completely flat. Nice being able to change the tire in the garage with air tools. Even if further from home you could have gotten to a save place to pull over versus alongside the shoulder of a freeway or something. I run the 35's on my PW well below the factory settings which causes the light to always be on but one push of the steering wheel button moves the display off the screen and then it's just a small amber light. I do plan on getting Alpha OBD or similar to reprogram for the lower pressures.

My thoughts exactly. I envision scenarios of travelling with the toy hauler and in inside dual picking up a nail or whatever and not being able to determine there is an issue until it's totally flat and flopping. Would be nice to avoid such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357