'17 REBEL w/ air - Daystar Leveling + Links = UCA hit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking of adding the Daystar leveling kit (KC09113BK) to my 2017 Rebel with air. I am going to make custom links to match. I have read a few places where the 5th gens were having issues with the UCA hitting the air struts in Off Road height. Is this an issue on the 4th gens also? I do off road quite a bit, and also I don't take big whoops, I do max out flex occasionally. I am not necessarily looking for extra height, but I REALLY want to get rid of the massive rake and when the 33's are done, I am switching to 35's.

BTW - I am currently NOT looking to replace my air bags as I just had 3/4 of the system replaced under warranty and I still have almost 60K miles more bumper-to-bumper warranty on the truck.

OP
OP
Intense-Dakota

Intense-Dakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow, nobody has any info on this? I am also contemplating getting new upper control arms while I have everything torn apart anyway. Is there a suggestion for UCA's that will work with the air ride (i.e. no binding) AND with a 2-2.5 inch level to allow for proper ball join geometry?

Last edited:

Chima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My experience with the Rubber Daystars, the spring actually punched through the spacer.

About a year's worth of use, the spacer looked deformed. and out of shape.

If i were to do spacers again i'd likely do a metal one. I went with a lift though.

OP
OP
Intense-Dakota

Intense-Dakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Daystar leveling kit mentionedimentioned not rubber, but I appreciate the feedback.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don’t have the spacers but I have the leveling links and it sits damn near perfectly level and everything functions properly. Def plenty of room for bigger tires than the factory 33’s.