18 Ram 1500 Limited KO2 275/65/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dconnolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Put these on with the Air Suspension and they ride and fit perfect. Very quiet and day and night difference over the SR-A tires. Not a rough ride and actually feel softer over speed bumps. The extra inch in size may contribute to that w/ the air suspension. Lowered it to Entry mode and turned the tires and backed out. No rubbing at all. Great upgrade!

56987451340__C2849B5E-99CD-4549-82A6-35B1C09A06EA.jpg56987482929__6DA5D223-240F-44C2-A863-6A95122B0805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
I’m on my second set on my 1500. Got a smidge over 60k miles out of the first set. I love them. When the Toyos on my 2500 wear out, they will be replaced with a set of K02s.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They sure do look good on those trucks. Especially with 1.5” spacers to move them outta the wheel wells just a little to match the OEM flares.

But I must be in a class of my own, tho. I have pretty much the exact same truck you do, air ride and all but I got rid of my KO’s not even a year after I bought them. Not tryin’ to taint your thread or nothin’ but they just rode too rough my liking. If I was doing a lot of off-roading, driving in places that would eat those stock SRA’s for lunch, or of I was pushing the max of towing with that halfton I woulda sucked it up but since I don’t do any of that, those tires were just too much.

Just curious but what pressures are you running? Discount Tire set mine at 39psi, the recommended pressure for those 4-ply Goodyear’s that came factory on there which, was ok I guess, but immediately I could feel a lot more of thebumps in the road, but they felt spongy, too.

After reading a couple of posts on here from other members with the same tires, I decided to make a phone call to BFG about what pressure I should be running in these new 8-ply LT tires. They told me 55psi. Which don’t get me wrong, after inflating them to that pressure, they felt a lot more stable when stopping, cornering but handling, not so much. Well, in the back anyways. Really bouncy back there. Felt probably every bump after that. Even the air ride was no match for making the smooth ride I fell in love with when I bought the truck just several months prior to buying those tires.

I finally settled on 50 in the front and 45 in the rear, which seemed like about the best compromise but eventually I just couldn’t take it no more. And the amount of rocks those things pick up too....

Anywho, enjoy ‘em. Hopefully your mind don’t change about them like mine did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are rock-picker-uppers. However I have about 6000 miles on my set and I love them. Have been great offroad do far and are doing fantastic in snow weve been getting.

My rides rougher now but its a truck, and I use it as such. Id rather have these than a softer ride.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are rock-picker-uppers. However I have about 6000 miles on my set and I love them. Have been great offroad do far and are doing fantastic in snow weve been getting.

My rides rougher now but its a truck, and I use it as such. Id rather have these than a softer ride.

Yes they are. Thankfully my truck had the OEM running boards on there, and I had put the weathertech mud guards on but when I took those factory boards off for my new ones, I couldn’t believe all the rock nicks on the underside of them. And the only gravel road I drive on is the street in front of my house. No more than a half mile either way to the highway but they’d sling rocks for two miles straight, though.

Mine had twice that when I pulled them off and surprisingly enough to me, they had only lost a 1/16 of an inch of tread.

But different folks, different strokes. If I lived up north, things could be different.

But if I had wanted a truck that rode like a spring-ride 3/4-ton, I woulda just bought one...lol.

OP
OP
D

dconnolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes they are. Thankfully my truck had the OEM running boards on there, and I had put the weathertech mud guards on but when I took those factory boards off for my new ones, I couldn’t believe all the rock nicks on the underside of them. And the only gravel road I drive on is the street in front of my house. No more than a half mile either way to the highway but they’d sling rocks for two miles straight, though.

Mine had twice that when I pulled them off and surprisingly enough to me, they had only lost a 1/16 of an inch of tread.

But different folks, different strokes. If I lived up north, things could be different.

But if I had wanted a truck that rode like a spring-ride 3/4-ton, I woulda just bought one...lol.

Thanks everyone. I bought them for towing a 8500lb trailer then looks. I currently have them at 41 psi when not towing. Hopefully that is an ok psi. I did the chalk test and wear is pretty even. If I Tow I will Air them up.

Truck is pretty light compared to a larger truck that they are made for so I wouldn’t think the lower air pressure would matter if they are showing even contact. I could be wrong? I’ll try airing them up to 55 and give them a go.

I had 35” Trail Grapplers M/T on my Jeep 4-door Rubicon Hardrock and ran them at a lower 32 psi without any issues. They lasted me through two jeeps 80k miles.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. I bought them for towing a 8500lb trailer then looks. I currently have them at 41 psi when not towing. Hopefully that is an ok psi. I did the chalk test and wear is pretty even. If I Tow I will Air them up.
I bought mine generally for looks only and that they’re good for the very few winter conditions we have here in Oklahoma but for what that Limited halfton is only designed to tow, you really don’t even need that heavy duty of a tire to do that, honestly. You air those stock SRA’s up to 44psi and you’re only a combined 800 pounds per both back tires less max weight from those BFGS aired to 65.

I’m not discrediting the chalk test but if you’re tires are the stock size, air pressure isn’t going to change that. That’s only for when you get into bigger, wider tires. The ones I had, which were stock size, were full tread contact whether they were at 39, or 55. Never inflated mine to 65 because there was no need. The max weight of 3 grand per tire combined was almost as much as what the whole truck weighs empty, which is probly far more than what you should be loading that halfton to.

Truck is pretty light compared to a larger truck that they are made for so I wouldn’t think the lower air pressure would matter if they are showing even contact. I could be wrong? I’ll try airing them up to 55 and give them a go.

I had 35” Trail Grapplers M/T on my Jeep 4-door Rubicon Hardrock and ran them at a lower 32 psi without any issues. They lasted me through two jeeps 80k miles.

You might be ok running them that low. But when that bfg rep said that 39 was dangerously low and that the minimum should be no less than 50, it got my attention. Mine, even at 50 in the front and 45 in the back, the pressures climbed quite a bit when it was warm. Climbed a lot at 39. I just put these Michelin’s on no more than just a couple of months ago so I haven’t ran them in the summer heat so far but on some of our warmer days we’ve had, the pressures don’t climb hardly at all. But they don’t feel soft, spongy and under inflated either like the bfgs did.

I made a long vacation trip over the summer and even at 50 all the way around, truck bed loaded with **** too, the pressures climbed to almost 60 pounds hot. That’s a lot in my book. These Michelin’s shouldn’t climb anymore that 45 pounds but I won’t find that out until this summer.

AeroMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013... then 2016... then 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck was an inspiration for me getting the same exact size tires. I’m LOVING them so far!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank