19 2500 BDS Lift towing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rh1077

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hello,
I recently installed a 4" BDS lift on my 2019 2500 rear coils. I'm going on a trip soon and will be pulling my boat which is probably weights 12k - 13k +/- when loaded I'm thinking. It sits on a triple axle trailer. Before anyone asks, the boat sits in a marina in the water so it is not currently on the trailer.
I pulled it a couple of times when the truck was stock and it did a great job.
So my question, am I going to get a lot of rear squat with the lift?
I've been considering getting a set of air bags for this. Is this necessary? Does anyone have experience with this?
Thank you.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello,
I recently installed a 4" BDS lift on my 2019 2500 rear coils. I'm going on a trip soon and will be pulling my boat which is probably weights 12k - 13k +/- when loaded I'm thinking. It sits on a triple axle trailer. Before anyone asks, the boat sits in a marina in the water so it is not currently on the trailer.
I pulled it a couple of times when the truck was stock and it did a great job.
So my question, am I going to get a lot of rear squat with the lift?
I've been considering getting a set of air bags for this. Is this necessary? Does anyone have experience with this?
Thank you.
Is it a standard hitch or gooseneck trailer?
Is your truck gas or diesel?
Bds uses progressive rate springs adding airbags is never a bad idea when towing but you will need custom brackets fabricated to accommodate the lift

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rh1077

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is it a standard hitch or gooseneck trailer?
Is your truck gas or diesel?
Bds uses progressive rate springs adding airbags is never a bad idea when towing but you will need custom brackets fabricated to accommodate the lift
Standard hitch and diesel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank