'19 PW Max Steel w/ Raceline Avenger 17X9's and 35" Duratracs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Finally found the time to clean her up and snap some pics. Got this wheel/tire combo put on earlier this week. The wheels are 17X9's with a +20mm offset. For the most part they're flush with the fender, a very slight poke perhaps. I think they're perfect, exactly what I wanted. I was considering the black Avengers but thought they might just kind of go away, and these bronze wheels look good with the body color imo.

I've been vacillating over what tire to get and was seriously considering the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Over Christmas break I was up in the mountains of Idaho and had my stock wheels and Duratrac 33's on and was really impressed in how they handled in the snow. I know they're only a two ply sidewall but decided to go ahead and get the 35" version. They're also 6-7 lighter than many of the 3 ply tires. I also took some pics below of the clearance to the fender at full lock.

37's were a consideration for a long while, but they're more of a commitment with having to trim, gearing, mpg etc. These 35's are great imo and the PW should really come from the factory w/ 35's and the correct offset wheels.

One regret that I have is that I put on the Ram OEM mud flaps. They're ok, but found out about the AEV flaps not long after I installed the Ram flaps. Next up are the WK sliders. Should be any week now.
IMG_4324.jpg IMG_4325.jpg IMG_4332.jpg IMG_4327.jpg IMG_4329.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
More pics. Think I'm going to cut the pipe right before it bends out toward the tire, then bolt the tip up there. I should have paid more attention to the specs before I ordered this AFE exhaust, it was a on a black friday deal. It does sound great though.IMG_4326.jpgIMG_4330.jpgIMG_4331.jpg

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
why did you only put on front flaps? Also without a rear mud flap back there, that's black tip is going to get the **** beat out of it. Good looking setup you got there.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
why did you only put on front flaps? Also without a rear mud flap back there, that's black tip is going to get the **** beat out of it. Good looking setup you got there.

Thanks. I don't care for the look of flaps, especially in the back. Chose not to mount them in the back as there isn't much to protect back there, other than the tip of. It's easy to take it off, sand and paint it anyway.

I'm thinking about taking off the OEM flaps and getting the AEV flaps F/R though. They're noticeably shorter.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The picture makes them seem that way. They are not. I have them.

silverWS6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks awesome! Thank you for reassuring my next wheel color! I had been wanting to see a max steel with that wheel color and it looks amazing.

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
That looks really good. I’ll probably go with 35s soon too. A lot of people say 35s still look too small, and wish they’d gone with 37s, but I really like the look of yours. Seems like too much downside to 37s for a daily driver.

Did you calibrate speedometer? What are your driving impressions so far? And out of curiosity, what is the actual hight of them, since stock 33s measure out to about 31.5 ish?

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That looks really good. I’ll probably go with 35s soon too. A lot of people say 35s still look too small, and wish they’d gone with 37s, but I really like the look of yours. Seems like too much downside to 37s for a daily driver.

Did you calibrate speedometer? What are your driving impressions so far? And out of curiosity, what is the actual hight of them, since stock 33s measure out to about 31.5 ish?

Thanks. I don't think they look too small at all and I agree that there's too much sacrifice w/ 37's, especially as a DD. Goodyear says that the 35" Duratracs measure out to 34.8". I have a Ram Tazer and after a learning curve I pretty much have the hang of it in calibration and other settings.

I like the way my PW drives much better now. Seems like it has some more speed and a bit less of that down low torque that feels a bit lumbering.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wheel choice, offset, tire size came together for a great stance and look...I'm really digging it! I'm in the market for a PW and this max steel is looking like a top contender. I like how the PW decals are not so obvious and in your face as some of the other lighter colors. Is this a difficult color to keep clean?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wheel choice, offset, tire size came together for a great stance and look...I'm really digging it! I'm in the market for a PW and this max steel is looking like a top contender. I like how the PW decals are not so obvious and in your face as some of the other lighter colors. Is this a difficult color to keep clean?

Yea. I have granite crystal, which is a smidge different. But dark greyish none the less. Shows scratches very easily. Almost as hard to keep clean as a black truck... but it also looks damn sharp when it is clean, just like a black truck LOL.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Thank man. Max Steel was damn hard to find, at least for me. And I agree about the decals on this color truck. It's not the easiest to keep clean, especially here in the Pac NW with all the rain we get but it certainly isn't like black. I've managed to keep it relatively swirl free from my initial polish/wax and clear bra; but it's a PW, I'm in the honeymoon phase admittedly and we all know that the honeymoon phase doesn't last all that long...:rotflmao:

bigdodge

Reaction score
Beautiful wheel choice. Just got mine last week. Offset is perfect I think. 76581edb56d6dfe804c69fda6d839f18.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk