1992 dodge W150 will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92W150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I have a 1992 dodge W150 5.2 magnum, automatic transmission with O/D. It was my uncle's truck and it sat for 7 or 8 years before I got it after he passed. I replaced the fuel pump and drove it home, it seemed to run fine. A couple of days later I went out to start the truck and it was completely dead, wouldn't crank or anything, After some looking, I replaced al the relays and it cranked again. It still wasn't getting any spark or fuel. I replaced the crank sensor and asd relay and it started right up. I tried driving it shortly after and it would sputter and even die when trying to accelerate, it wouldn't do it when it was in park though. I replaced the coolant temp sensor yesterday because the gauge was pegged all the time. I came out to work on it this morning and tried to start it. It cranked, but wouldn't start. I tested and there was no spark to the coil, and the fuel pump worked on and off. I messed with it all day and the fuel pump would run sometimes when turning the key. the coil has no power, including when cranking. I tested this wire back at the relay and when cranking it has power. My father is an experienced mechanic, and I'm just learning. Were both at a loss of what the problem could be. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When you say the crank sensor, are you talking about the one at the bellhousing? My dad's 92 had an issue with a short in the wiring harness. I suspect it was this sensor. He got a new(er) truck eventually. But it would run normal, then just die. Pullover for a while then it would start back up and drive home.

I know when i did an engine swap in a dakota, when putting the engine in, that sensor was broken, and the engine wouldn't start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye