1993 Non-Working Speedometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L Cummins Diesel
Would anyone know where I can get a working replacement or a repair service that could repair mine. When I turn on the key the speedometer will read about 25 mph, but while driving the truck there is no response or movement. I have replaced the drive unit at the transmission, checked to be sure the wires are connected at the dash but have not followed the wiring to look for problems there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
most common issues with the electric speedometers is a broken plastic gear inside them. i don't know of anywhere to recommend to replace them but if you are somewhat mechanically inclined they are usually not too bad to replace on your own.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if you have a pick n pull near you, probably the best place to look. Just spent my morning there today harvesting a transmission cross member and rear frame cross member. having said that, I may have one in my shop from a 92 d150 gasser not cummins, you are welcome to have if you want it (and I can find it). just cover shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo