2.5 lifted front diff & cv issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Exactly why lifting is a gamble.
That's my opinion. Lifting, lowering, messing with your computer, messing with your power plant and transmission then wondering why stuff isn't working. But I'm not into doing my own mechanical/electrical stuff anymore so I only stand and watch. :emotions33:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In response to a couple of the comments here about lifting.

If using the correct parts and installed correctly it really isn't a gamble. Every vehicle I have owned(not counting wife's) has been modified from stock height, either lowered, leveled, or lifted. The majority have been tuned as well. Not one of them had a single issue that had anything to do with the modifications. In fact some of the mods corrected OE issues. If you use quality parts and have actual knowledgeable installers you wont have issues.

Unfortunately you can't trust the internet. Many people will say what they have is the best simply because they have it. Unfortunately you can't trust many installers either. Some of them will push these lower cost parts instead of quality more expensive parts because the cheaper ones are an easier sell due to it fitting in more people's budgets. Also a lot of those cheap kits have larger mark up percentages.

Not many will do what us and Quickshifter do. We will stand behind ONLY quality products we know are quality through our knowledge and experience. We only recommend quality parts even though it may be a harder sell for us and the profit margins are tighter. There is a reason why we don't offer some brands, we wont offer those low quality brands to our customers to put on their trucks.

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
In response to a couple of the comments here about lifting.

If using the correct parts and installed correctly it really isn't a gamble. Every vehicle I have owned(not counting wife's) has been modified from stock height, either lowered, leveled, or lifted. The majority have been tuned as well. Not one of them had a single issue that had anything to do with the modifications. In fact some of the mods corrected OE issues. If you use quality parts and have actual knowledgeable installers you wont have issues.

Unfortunately you can't trust the internet. Many people will say what they have is the best simply because they have it. Unfortunately you can't trust many installers either. Some of them will push these lower cost parts instead of quality more expensive parts because the cheaper ones are an easier sell due to it fitting in more people's budgets. Also a lot of those cheap kits have larger mark up percentages.

Not many will do what us and Quickshifter do. We will stand behind ONLY quality products we know are quality through our knowledge and experience. We only recommend quality parts even though it may be a harder sell for us and the profit margins are tighter. There is a reason why we don't offer some brands, we wont offer those low quality brands to our customers to put on their trucks.
Truth….. Suspension is basic geometry. Shops can barely change oil anymore unfortunately it’s not the shop down the road anymore. You have to look for a quality technician. I looked and couldn’t find anybody so I became that somebody LOL.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truth….. Suspension is basic geometry. Shops can barely change oil anymore unfortunately it’s not the shop down the road anymore. You have to look for a quality technician. I looked and couldn’t find anybody so I became that somebody LOL.

@Quick_Shifter certainly IS that somebody!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat