2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7L

I was trying to add refrigerant to my system and mistakenly send voltage through my signal wire(purple wire ) on the ac pressure switch and my truck shut off. It won’t start up now just turns over. I also don’t believe my injectors are getting power nor do I have pressure on my fuel line . The 5.5volts wire only has 1.7 volts All fuses and relays in the fuse box are good and have power to them . Can anyone tell me what I’ve done ?

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
the one time I done that doing testing it fried the ecm pcm ground circuit in the ecm I had to buy my customer A new ecm. not something you want to do but if you do its defiantly one thing you make damn sure it don't happen again. Not what you wanted to hear I know you may get lucky and do a 20 min battery disconnect but ground circuits in pcm/ecm are not normally protected from this so more that likely a new ecm/pcm is going to be the only fix.

OP
OP
J

Josh2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks a lot. I figured that’s what happen. What did you do to figure out that it was the pcm?