2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7, Heater Not Working !!! Any Help Appreciated !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eknopps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7 engine and the Heater does not blow out hot air. I have flushed the heater coil, changed the thermostat, and still no heat. The blendors seem to be working and the blower fan is working. Any ideas ?

Last edited:

drakon543

Reaction score
whats your basis for the blend doors appear to work? you have electronic actuators with a coupler to the blend door rod. even if you can feel the actuator doing something doesn't mean its doing what its supposed to. i dunno about the rams but the dakotas and durangos have issues there. as you have the same actuators its possible the actuator is broken internally or the coupler is broken. also the system may just need a recalibration if everything is working correctly.

Martins hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
03 s have a problem with blend doors breaking
You can reach the hot / cold blend door by taking out the center pc of the dash

Last edited:

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
I'm having similar problem, along with a couple others with cooling system. When I switch from cool to heat, I don't hear anything actuate, I have not yet pulled the hoses to see if I have flow through heater core, the problem I seem to have may be a clogged heater core, and a constricted air flow, or both. I am not looking forward to pulling the dash.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio