2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Door Locks inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave2003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have a door lock problem in my 2003 Ram 2500. Key fob activates the system. Horn beeps and lights flash, but door locks will not unlock or lock. Same goes for using the switches on the doors. No clicks, no noises, no unlock or lock. Based on what I've seen, it's probably the instrument cluster. How will I know for sure? My chilton's has very little info on connector pin-outs or what readings I should see with my meter. The instrument cluster and other door lock info is basically just a block diagram in my book. Since the book covers a wide number of model years, specifics are very much lacking.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
03 1500. Same issue. It’s the connection at the switches in the driver door. Pop the switch panel out of the door / unplug / and you’ll find burnt connections. They can be cleaned, at least to a degree, but probably good enough to make everything work again. My son drove this truck for the past 8 years through high school and college. He cleaned these connections multiple times. You’ll find the same “burnt ends”, and I’m not talking BBQ here, at your brake light connections. Also had this with the plug for the blower fan. Had to cut the end off the harness and manufacture new connections for that.