2003 RAM 1500 3,7 to 6.4 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamIt_392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am seeking information on what’s needed of hardware to bolt the 392 into the 3,7L engine bay. I am not concerned about electrical and transmission ( truck will be carbureted with a 6speed) I need to know what engine mounts etc I will need. Also looking for 2” primary tube headers for this build (no cats)
If anyone has tips about lowering kits. I’d appreciate that as wel.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Interesting build, I dont have any answers to your questions but your specs inspire questions of my own, if you don't mind. Before that I will say I have s 2016 2500 w a 6.4 and if you need pictures of any locations or info on specific fasteners I'd be happy to help. Never seen a 3.7 engine bay so I have no idea what your up against there.
What year 6.4 are you going with and why choose a carbureted fuel system? A lot of fuel efficiency and performance is harnessed from the design of injectors and ECU control. I won't jump into the middle of a whole lot of operational details, of which you probably aware of but one of the most impressive systems on these modern engines is the fuel delivery system and their control algorithms. Just asking tho.
If you need any pics just let me know, I also have a full maintenance manual for 2016 2500 6.4 66rfe, any specifics from there you may need I'd look up for you also, good luck!

OP
OP
R

RamIt_392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting build, I dont have any answers to your questions but your specs inspire questions of my own, if you don't mind. Before that I will say I have s 2016 2500 w a 6.4 and if you need pictures of any locations or info on specific fasteners I'd be happy to help. Never seen a 3.7 engine bay so I have no idea what your up against there.
What year 6.4 are you going with and why choose a carbureted fuel system? A lot of fuel efficiency and performance is harnessed from the design of injectors and ECU control. I won't jump into the middle of a whole lot of operational details, of which you probably aware of but one of the most impressive systems on these modern engines is the fuel delivery system and their control algorithms. Just asking tho.
If you need any pics just let me know, I also have a full maintenance manual for 2016 2500 6.4 66rfe, any specifics from there you may need I'd look up for you also, good luck!
It;s a 2018 392. It is not true that you give up horsepower by using a carburator, fuel efficiency maybe. Will still keep high power ignition ( MSD Hemi6 ) As an example I have a 65 C-10 with a LQ9, sporting a LS6 cam, 750P and MSD ignition. It makes just north of 470Hp with way better throttle response I ever heard with FI. Biggest reason is that I don’t have to deal with the electrical, version conflicts etc. Anyway carb, sounds better, performs better and looks better to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45