2003 reverse/back up lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just1me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help my state inspection is due, and I have been searching for an answer to my problem. My 2003 Ram 1500 has no reverse lights, every other light functions as it should but reverse. I checked the fuse it was good, I tried new bulbs no change, I even tried moving the shifter between park and reverse and jiggling it still nothing. I am stumped I had been reading that these trucks use a ipm module and it could be that or the trs sensor on the auto trans. I'm not sure where to check next, if I check the plug at the back of the tailight for a reverse signal which wires do check for voltage? If there is no voltage in reverse at the plug would that be the ipm or trs sensor? I'm sorry for the questions I just need to get this fixed for my inspection.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
One other thing to check is the pins on the board. If they spread apart they won't make a good connection with the bulbs. Even though the bulbs may feel tight in the socket the pins will spread and get corrosion too. I had that issue and I actually switched mine out for full led tail lights. Eliminating the board entirely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk