2004 Infinity stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTT PHILLIPS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hello Forum I have a 2004 Dodge 3500 with the stock infinity sound system. I bought the truck used, the previous owner had sirius. I do not. My front speakers work but the back ones do not. Has any one heard of this before? I put an ohm meter on the back speakers and they look like they are good. Any one else have this problem before? Would having Sirius before be the cause? Thanks in advance, Scott

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2005 has the 7-speaker Infinity system. Sirius has nothing to do with the back speakers being inoperative. Check the fader control to make sure it isn't set to "front."

Otherwise, it could be the radio, amplifier, or wiring causing the problem.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SCOTT PHILLIPS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thank you for your comments, I have checked the fader, and have checked the speakers, I have not checked the wiring but will do so. I am not versed on the sirius and its effects on the system. Thanks again More than an encyclopidia of knowledge and expertise here, and the pictures and trucks of the month are outstanding! What a site! Scott

OP
OP
S

SCOTT PHILLIPS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Upon some investigation I see that the rubber boot has been taped over on the wiring harness going into the drivers side rear door and there is a splice under the tape, so I will be replacing the harness going into the door Thank you OC for that great tip on the harness and the information on where to get a replacement. And thank you Ram forum!

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Driving my 2008 with Infinity i have found i only really hear the front 3 speakers. Listening to the rear speakers i do hear music but very faint. Controls do nothing as far as the fader setting. Apparently this is normal with the Infinity. Got a lot of distortion on the right which could be a bad amp, so researching to replace/ upgrade the system. Meanwhile amazon music to a smsll Bluetooth speaker sounds better.