2004 Ram 3.7 V6 ---> Hemi Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004RCLBHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go.
I'm sure I left some information out.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
Truck is running and driving great.
I left out most of the pictures of disassembly, cleaning, measuring and reassembly of the engine, but I can put them in a separate thread.
h01.JPG h02.jpg h03.jpg

h04.JPG

h05.JPG

Last edited:

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks like someone let that block freeze at some point in it's life. Bummer you had to get a new block.

OP
OP

2004RCLBHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like someone let that block freeze at some point in it's life. Bummer you had to get a new block.

I believe the guy I got the Dakota from drove it in the snow with 18 or 20" wheels and slid through a stop sign and hit another car. If the radiator was damaged in the accident and all the coolant drained out, maybe that's when the block cracked.

Fortunately I got the Durango for only $500 and kept a bunch of extra parts to sell.

dynobo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am doing same swap but I built a 6.1 shortblock and used ported 03 model 5.7 heads but using stock 5.7 cam. I am looking for maximum torque below 3500 rpm. Great illustrations. I noted the same thing as you with fuel line being different. also did you have to change your accelerator cable?

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
Wow you did a amazing job of taking pictures and labeling them! Very clear and easy to understand.

justinr3459

Reaction score
Ram Year
04 dodge ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
So is the problem with my swap that I have to find match the pcm to the cluster somehow ? Or to the abs module

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that looks somewhat "easy" and I use the term loosely, but there seems to be many many people wanting to swap either the 3.7 or 4.7 for a Hemi, and the general consensus is.. don't do it, too much wiring and difficulty. What I see here, is with a donor, its essentially plug and play, not exactly "plug and play" but generally speaking no splicing, soldering or harness modification at all!

Looks great!