2006 ac condenser fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Happy Sunday everyone ( except me )
I have a 2006 Laramie with 5.7 hemi and my ac condenser fan motor isn’t turning on. The ac compressor works fine. If I drive the truck the ac works fine because there’s enough air crossing over the condenser coils but at an idle the ac will blow warm because the condenser fan motor is not turning on. I can not find the fan relay. Under the hood next to the battery there is a fuse box but there are no relays just small fuses and the large square box looking fuses. Anyone out that can help will make my Sunday a cool one! Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You need to check if your getting voltage to the fan motor to determine if it's a relay or the fan itself.

OP
OP
H

Hemi2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No voltage to condenser fan motor and I can’t find the relay anywhere!

jerbo1978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 Laramie with 5.7 hemi and my ac condenser fan motor isn’t turning on. The ac compressor works fine. If I drive the truck the ac works fine because there’s enough air crossing over the condenser coils but at an idle the ac will blow warm because the condenser fan motor is not turning on. I can not find the fan relay. Under the hood next to the battery there is a fuse box but there are no relays just small fuses and the large square box looking fuses. Anyone out that can help will make my Sunday a cool one!

Attachments

• R.jpeg
    R.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
H

Hemi2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2006 Laramie with 5.7 hemi and my ac condenser fan motor isn’t turning on. The ac compressor works fine. If I drive the truck the ac works fine because there’s enough air crossing over the condenser coils but at an idle the ac will blow warm because the condenser fan motor is not turning on. I can not find the fan relay. Under the hood next to the battery there is a fuse box but there are no relays just small fuses and the large square box looking fuses. Anyone out that can help will make my Sunday a cool one! Thanks
Just to let everyone know, the problem was the fuse box itself also called the TIPM. This literally is like a wiring manifold and is the central hub for everything including the voltage signal being sent to the condenser fan motor. I found a remanufactured on eBay for $300 I hope this bit of information helps everyone out there! I want to thank everyone that replied with their suggestions and this is a great site with a great bunch of caring people

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for reporting back.
$300, seems like I would have opened mine up and looked to see if I could solder in a new relay or fix a loose contact.

I'd suggest that you get into yours, AFTER you get the other one installed, and perhaps you can post a picture of what you find/

I've seen other members repair theirs by soldering a wire jumper to re-route a broken trace, repair loose wires, loose pins, repair/clean corrosion, etc