2007 Ram RAK ipod integration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyndo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I am looking to get iPod integration for my 07' dodge ram laramie. From the build sheet the truck has a RAK AM/FM Cass/CD 6 disc MP3 radio.
Seen here
MA04U_HB_____3289.jpg

Now, after researching, I have concluded that mopar Part # 82209617AD should work with my head unit and allow for iPod integration (as per info from here and other places which say the integration unit works with RAK Head units)... So my question is, does anyone have experience and/or know whether or not this will actually work in my truck? I am fairly sure that it will but want to make sure I haven't missed something that others may know of off hand.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not sure but bump for ya

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I didn't think they were making that iPod integration part anymore. I looked forever ended up going after market. Lost some functionality to select different playlists through the steering wheel but otherwise works great.
Xh

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
OP
L

Lyndo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't think they were making that iPod integration part anymore. I looked forever ended up going after market. Lost some functionality to select different playlists through the steering wheel but otherwise works great.
Xh

Sent from my DROID RAZR

they don't make it anymore, apparently they are extremely rare to find for sale used but I somehow got lucky and found one for sale on another forum the same day that i started looking for it lol. Bought it and am waiting for it to arrive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lyndo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well I received and installed it today. It is nearly perfect, exactly the integration i was looking for. Works flawlessly with the factory head unit and steering wheel controls. I can cycle through playlists from the steering wheel, skip through songs from the wheel, adjust volume and everything that it would normally do. 6 disc changer still works perfectly along with the radio and everything else. With the iPod, the mode that comes up is sat on the head unit, so this must replace the satellite radio mode on the head unit which is no big deal for me as i was not using it.

Only negative I have found is that it is quieter than playing cd's so i have to turn up the volume a bit. Depending on the volume of the song (which i have found varies a lot on my iPhone), what was a 22 volume with cd's is now a 27-30 with my iPhone. The max volume is 36 i think, so its near tapped out some of the time. I have never had it maxed out and wanted it louder though, so it should be fine. Very easy install, simply plug and play, took me a little over an hour because I reassembled the console wrong 3 times lol. Would be very easy to do if your truck doesn't have the console, not that it was all that hard with it but still. I highly recommend picking up one of these kits if you can get your hands on one, but that is the problem.. finding one, I got lucky but I have heard that they are very hard to find.

Here are some pics:
IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

put the module under where the head unit goes, seemed to fit perfectly in the spot, dunno if dodge made a spot for it intentionally or if it just worked out that way
IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Instead of putting my phone in the glove box while it is connected I brought the plugs down to my console so i could still see my phone if I wanted to use my tom tom app or whatever. As you can see the module comes with both the 30 pin iPod plug and a 3.5mm aux in plug (very left corner on my console). The cords are longer than they look in the picture, I just have the extra under the console to keep things neat.
IMG_1305.jpg

Last edited: