2009 Ram 1500 SLT alignment questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Divers2deep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Looking for some assistance. I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, 4.7 V8. I just completed a total front end replacement over the weekend: Lower / upper control arms, struts, sway bars, inner/outer tie rods, Wheel Hubs, rotors, and pads. What a project that was, 15 hours later and sawing off seized up lower arm bolts! I took the truck into Firestone today to get an alignment and they got everything within specs except for the right front Camber, they are telling me this is maxed out. The truck is riding nicely at all speeds, however it is still pulling to the right. I do have a 2" leveling kit on this trucks. All tires are at 45 PSI and about 90% life left with even tread wear....What kind of guidance can you give me on fixing this pulling to the right issue?.... I just realized that the alignment spec sheet shows 20" or 22" wheels. My truck is an 18" wheel, sorry for my ignorance but would that make a difference when getting the alignment done.

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 7.18.00 PM.png IMG_7505.JPGIMG_7506.JPGIMG_7508.JPG

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Found your problem ( I took the truck into Firestone today) go find a good truck shop that will do the alinement or ask around to find out who does truck alinements...

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not terrible. Vehicles ran 1/2 degree positive camber for eons. The biggest issue i see is the 3/4 deg Negative caster spread between the two sides.
-.3 left, +.5 right. Cross readings (difference between the two sides) is biggest reason for pulls not related to tires and/or pressure as long as springs and ball joints, bushings, tie rods etc are known to be good and no slop. I would be very surprised if that thing didn't pull right. It is common to offset camber and/or caster to compensate for road crown. You want either more caster or less camber on the driver's front compared to the other side. But "cross" readings need to stay within 1/2 degree on both of those settings.
Less camber on left or more caster on left compared to right can cause a left pull.
The tolerance range is pretty wide, it's possible to offset camber or caster and have both sides " in the green". Best is to have even camber and slight cross camber "spread" . Some vehicles are more picky than others about where they're adjusted.
I'd move the cam on the front of the driver side lower control arm out, (so front leg of control Arm moves outward to increase camber about .3-.4, caster will reduce by about 2x that. Camber will be around 0,to .1, caster will be around 3.0-3.1 at that point. Reset toe (last step in alignment) and see how it drives.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found your problem ( I took the truck into Firestone today) go find a good truck shop that will do the alinement or ask around to find out who does truck alinements...
Disagree. A "truck" specific alignment usually pertains to much larger, medium duty applications (heavier than a "1 ton")