2010 Ram 1500 4x4 code P0876

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aking21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn with a little over 50K miles. I have gotten the P0876 a few different times. I replaced the pressure sensor with a new one and it seems to have work for about a month but then the other day it shuttered quickly and my RPM jumped up to around 2500 and stayed there. No lights came on at that time. The next day I started my truck and the light came on.. Seemed to shift fine. 2 days later light still on and it shifts fine through 1st, 2nd and 3rd but when I get around 55-70 mph, it just stays around that 2500 RPM range. Then today after lunch, its shifted fine again. I did check the fluid level about 10 days ago after I had been driving it for it to get warm and it was a little low so I did top it off. (this was about a week before the light came on again) I have read anywhere from check the wiring to these trannys are known for the solenoid packs needing replaced and that fixes the issue all together. I talked to the dealer about the solenoid packs and they are on back order currently which kind of tells me something. I have an appt for Friday the 25th to get it checked out but I don't know if I should have them go ahead and order the Solenoid pack so it is there or if it is ok to drive the truck assuming they don't have a simple fix when I get it checked out.

OP
OP
A

Aking21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone have any advice? Just to give an update. Seems that it things have pretty well stayed the same. Shifts in low gears and reverse just fine. I have to get on the interstate to come to work and its right at 2500 RPM which traveling 70mph. It's like its not dropping into O/D. Luckily, I haven't felt the sudden shutter at all again so I feel it's got to be a sensor of some sort. I did request a build sheet from Dodge and it shows I have the 545RFE tranny.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You’ll need to put a pressure gauge on it and verify what the actual pressure is.

More than likely though it’s the solenoid pack.