2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Fog light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clint_99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So after power washing underneath my truck, I noticed that the water must've disconnected a butt splice for my driver-side fog light. So the first thing I did was change the bulbs to LEDs. I didn't notice that the butt splice come un-done until after I changed the bulbs. So after I changed the bulbs. The driver had very little power and the passenger side had normal power. After a couple of hours of having the new bulbs in, the passenger side started not to work. So I ordered a new wiring harness for the driver side so I don't have to deal with a butt splice. I also checked the headlight switched inside the cabin and everything seems normal. I can press the fog light button on the switch and the dash indicator comes on but the fog lights don't. I also replaced the 20 amp yellow fuse. I can't seem to find what/where the relay is. Maybe the relay went bad? Do you think they would've turned off in the software, meaning should I get the OBDLink MX+ to activate the lights?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Check the bulbs. If you put the wrong bulb in you may have burned them out.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Then use a voltmeter and check for power at the bulb connector, if none, tracing that line back till you find the problem is pretty easy. I would also check resistance on the new wiring loom you installed and voltage where it joins. Seems odd that it worked with the old Phershimmeld loom but doesn't with the new replacement one.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You could have burned them out anyway if they were new bulbs if there was a short, or if used wire wiring was wet, could also short out TIPM. It complicates things a bit when you do two things as in have the issue plus add a new light, go back to old lights see if issue persists to isolate.

It wouldnt have burned software, that was protected. The issue is from TIPM down somewhere.