2011 Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Steel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm needing to replace the headlight housings on my 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7. It came equipped with dual (single bulb / two filaments) headlights. Long story, but the gist is a few years ago I inadvertently bought quad headlight housings to replace the originals, and I had to devise an elaborate wiring harness involving diodes and capacitors in order to trick the TIPM into operating them correctly. It worked...mostly. Occasionally the harness overheats and starts to short out. I am no electrical engineer.

Anyway, I want to go back to OEM, dual headlight housings. Looking at moparwholesaleparts.com, I see two three different style of headlight housings listed for the 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7. One is a quad style, and the other two are dual style. Part numbers for the two different passenger side dual style headlight housings are 55277410AG for $188.71, and 2AME77410A for $82.54.

Of course, the diagram for all three styles looks the same on the Mopar parts website, so I used eBay to see images of them. I can't tell a difference between the two dual style headlight housings, but given the $100 price difference there has to be something.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the two are?

Thanks

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm needing to replace the headlight housings on my 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7. It came equipped with dual (single bulb / two filaments) headlights. Long story, but the gist is a few years ago I inadvertently bought quad headlight housings to replace the originals, and I had to devise an elaborate wiring harness involving diodes and capacitors in order to trick the TIPM into operating them correctly. It worked...mostly. Occasionally the harness overheats and starts to short out. I am no electrical engineer.

Anyway, I want to go back to OEM, dual headlight housings. Looking at moparwholesaleparts.com, I see two three different style of headlight housings listed for the 2011 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7. One is a quad style, and the other two are dual style. Part numbers for the two different passenger side dual style headlight housings are 55277410AG for $188.71, and 2AME77410A for $82.54.

Of course, the diagram for all three styles looks the same on the Mopar parts website, so I used eBay to see images of them. I can't tell a difference between the two dual style headlight housings, but given the $100 price difference there has to be something.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the two are?

Thanks

Good morning

I just went through an exhausting process of getting OEM Mopar headlights, the first number is the correct one, the second one is NOT OEM, it’s aftermarket junk. I replaced my headlights in 2017 with aftermarket junk, usually from China, started peeling after two years. Morimoto headlights are the exception and a couple others I can’t recall their names. I scored a pair of OEM headlights practically brand new for $150 a pair with shipping included, sooo deals are out there, just depends on your timeline. Hope this helps.

Kevin