2011 ram 1500 frequent codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

submarine man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi-5.7
Hello, I just recent purchased a used 2011 ram 1500 from a dealership. For about the first 2-3 weeks I owned it I had no problems and it was running great. Since this I have thrown multiple codes. Currently, about once a week, I am having to replace a new sensor. The first was a P0457. This was fixed after replacing the gas cap. No big deal. The next was a bad O2 sensor which was quickly fixed. This past weekend the check engine like came on once again and now it was a Hydraulic Pressure Sensor. I replaced this part and this seemed to solve the problem. However, this morning the check engine light is on once again, now with a different code. Has any else ran into similar problems? Could this be related to an electronic issue or more likely related to the age of the vehicle? Any help is appreciated. I am getting tired of replacing expensive parts every few days just to have another break therafter.

Also, I have no warranty so every fix is done out of pocket and usually at home. There are no modifications done to the vehicle. All recalls have been properly taken care of. The vehicle has bot been involved in any accidents.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I just recent purchased a used 2011 ram 1500 from a dealership. For about the first 2-3 weeks I owned it I had no problems and it was running great. Since this I have thrown multiple codes. Currently, about once a week, I am having to replace a new sensor. The first was a P0457. This was fixed after replacing the gas cap. No big deal. The next was a bad O2 sensor which was quickly fixed. This past weekend the check engine like came on once again and now it was a Hydraulic Pressure Sensor. I replaced this part and this seemed to solve the problem. However, this morning the check engine light is on once again, now with a different code. Has any else ran into similar problems? Could this be related to an electronic issue or more likely related to the age of the vehicle? Any help is appreciated. I am getting tired of replacing expensive parts every few days just to have another break therafter.

Also, I have no warranty so every fix is done out of pocket and usually at home. There are no modifications done to the vehicle. All recalls have been properly taken care of. The vehicle has bot been involved in any accidents.

Ah man that sucks, one thing after another! Sorry I can't help other then to say for more information/responses you should repost this over in the 4th gen section as you've posted this in the 5th gen section for 2019+ rams and may not get as much help here.

Either way, hope you're able to get some help with that and welcome to the forum.