2013 3500 Diesel Odometer increments on wrong tenth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been searching about this for years and never found anyone else reporting this issue. It's admittedly minor, but odd. Let's say you start the truck and the odometer is reading xxxxx0.6. You start driving down the road and watch the odometer closely, it will increment as follows:

In other words, the 1's digit increments one mile after you start moving, regardless of whether the tenths digit is on zero or not. If you start it up and it happens to be on x.4, the 1's digit increments every time you cross x.4. If you start the truck and are on, say, x.7, the 1's digit increments every time you cross an x.7 value. The truck has had a few software updates over the years, but none have changed this behavior. As far as I know, they have all been Uconnect updates so I assume they probably don't impact the EVIC and dash but I don't really know. Here's a poor-quality, shaky video showing the 1's digit rolling over on x.7: Odometer incrementing at x.7 instead of x.0. You can see the odometer go 89.8, 89.9, 89.0, 89.1 until 89.6. Then it increments to 90.7.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been searching about this for years and never found anyone else reporting this issue. It's admittedly minor, but odd. Let's say you start the truck and the odometer is reading xxxxx0.6. You start driving down the road and watch the odometer closely, it will increment as follows:

In other words, the 1's digit increments one mile after you start moving, regardless of whether the tenths digit is on zero or not. If you start it up and it happens to be on x.4, the 1's digit increments every time you cross x.4. If you start the truck and are on, say, x.7, the 1's digit increments every time you cross an x.7 value. The truck has had a few software updates over the years, but none have changed this behavior. As far as I know, they have all been Uconnect updates so I assume they probably don't impact the EVIC and dash but I don't really know. Here's a poor-quality, shaky video showing the 1's digit rolling over on x.7: Odometer incrementing at x.7 instead of x.0. You can see the odometer go 89.8, 89.9, 89.0, 89.1 until 89.6. Then it increments to 90.7.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?
I haven't and I hope I never do! It's the little bugs like that that really grind my gears. I'd check now but my trucks in the shop getting the oil changed. If memory serves, I think mine doesn't display 10ths?