2013 4.7L V8 | V6 Fan Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hello everyone, I have been giving a lot of thought on getting rid of the clutch fan on my truck for the electric V6 fan. Not for any other reasons but cooling, obviously. I’m wondering if anyone has tried this, as the 2013 4.7 has 2 cooling fans (i checked) and i’d like to do this.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is it a similar setup to the 5.7s where there's an AC fan behind the clutch fan? If so you could just remove the clutch fan and leave the AC fan to see how it does with cooling. The V6 efan will do a slightly better job because it has a bigger blade but just removing the clutch fan will give you an idea if it will work for you...

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you ditch the clutch fan just make sure the e-fan is wired up to come on when the a/c is running or you can burn up your compressor. On my 4.7L Dakota I have a Viper fan that has a relay that is activated by a thermostat and an a/c on wire.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Is it a similar setup to the 5.7s where there's an AC fan behind the clutch fan? If so you could just remove the clutch fan and leave the AC fan to see how it does with cooling. The V6 efan will do a slightly better job because it has a bigger blade but just removing the clutch fan will give you an idea if it will work for you...

It is EXACTY like the 5.7.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

90695e24c621bce8deedcf38f1504a8d.jpg

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Also yeah, I’m thinking of taking off the clutch fan and leaving just the regular A/C fan on until my 2012 3.7 V6 fan arrives.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yup! Doing it later today and if not today then tomorrow.

Are you tuned? There's not much in the way of colder thermostats for the 4.7,about all that's available is the peace of **** Jet one,and it's not great,i went through a couple of them before finally giving up on the jet thermostats.I ended up drilling a bunch of holes in the factory T-stat on my old 2013 4.7.I'd run the stock e-fan for awhile first,before spending money on the V-6 fan,lots of guys are just running the stock e-fan on their Hemi's and it's providing more then enough cooling for the Hemi. If you're not tuned,you better get on that,and get it tuned so you can adjust the On/Off parameters of the e-fan.Another thing you should look into,is getting rid of the tranny thermostat,i think there's a kit available now to delete it on the RFE's,but I did it long before there was anything available,by just using tranny cooler line to join the hardlines back together.

Here's a link to my old build,i pulled 250rwhp out of my old 2013 4.7 with basically all the commom bolt-ons available for the later redesigned 4.7

https://www.ramforumz.com/threads/250hp-and-263-torque.182005/

Last edited: