2013 RAM 1500 - Dash Removal (To Get To Radio Unit)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Newbie here, and up front gonna say I don't know much about working on cars, so apologies in advance if I sound like an idiot, I probably am. Trying to learn for myself.

Last week, the screen for the radio stopped functioning correctly. The screen still powers, and the backup camera works, but on ignition, it freezes on the RAM logo, and when it switches over from the backup cam, it just goes to a blue screen. Radio technically works, but is stuck on the last station it was on and can't be changed. Volume knob works too, but that's it.

I tried pulling the fuse, but it is fine. Tried a soft reset by pressing the two knobs in for 30 seconds, no joy.

So I was going to check the cable connections on the unit itself. Gotta take apart the dash to do so, okay, fine. YouTube taught me how, but my dash looks just ever so slightly different than theirs and I can't get it fully off. I think it's just one screw or something, but I can't find it. Or maybe I am just not pulling on it hard enough? I don't want to break it with too much force. As I face it, the lower right side won't remove. Everything else seems to be coming off. Any idea where this hidden screw might be?

I've already pulled the two from under the top tray, two from the bottom tray area, and the one in the tray hole on the right side above the plug.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_0830.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba